Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Panic!!!

Supposedly, there is a huge ice storm heading our way. The tv news weatherman even labeled this as a "devastating" storm. Devastating? I mean, doesnt that word sound a little much? The tsunami in Asia - devastating. 9/11 - devastating. A ice storm that will entail a couple cocky people driving too fast and ending up in a ditch, possibly the loss of power for a few days & not a empty motel room in sight - is not devasting. But then again, is this not what the news media has become? Tragedy ambulance chasers. Just hoping for something big to happen. Just hoping to send the masses into panic, rushing out to hoarde water or batteries or.... And sadly enough, it works. I see people standing in lines 30 people deep just to cash out with a couple battery packs, gallons of water or that last pack of beef jerky. People in Africa living on a handful of food a week and we are panicking if there is a chance we won't be able to watch CSI tonight. Oh - the horror.

As I write this, I realize I sound unappreciative. And maybe even a little holier-than-thou. Living in this wonderful country and all that it offers me, I certainly realize how lucky I am. I am not perfect. I have 300 cable channels, high speed dsl, drive a fairly new SUV, have more yarn than I know what to do with & my cupboards are full of food. I am Thankful. Just not Devastated.

Ok. On to yarn issues. I found another sweater. I lied to my hubby, told him it was snagged but it wasnt. I just must must must unravel another sweater. More yarn please. Totally obsessed with this new hobby now. Thank gawd its not garage sale weather here as I would be on the hunt for more sweaters to disassemble. I have a problem.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home