Monday, April 11, 2005

My Weekend & Stuff

Ok - first and most importantly - my doorstep was blessed today. My trade with Laura was waiting for me this afternoon. Woo hoo! I love surprises. My box o' fun contained a pattern from Stitch Diva's for flower pins/embellishments, a yummy bar of handmade soap, 2 skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca in a creme color, a couple boxes of Rit Dye (gotta get some plastic buckets at the dollar store for a little color party!) & some fuzzies yarn to make the flowers with. Thank you girlie - what fun!

Here are some pics for my nosey peeps:





I'm a lucky girl!

I also managed to start on my newest KAL - the Cable Eight from the latest IK. I am using Lionbrand Microspun in Lime. I wanted something soft and giving as the pattern looks a little rigid in the finished state. I am estimating I will probably have to use about 8 sk's, which since I had four on hand (stash reduction alert here) it will only cost me a extra $10'ish to complete this project. Its really coming along too as I am two pattern repeats in after a few hours.



I am thinking (muststopjoiningKALSmuststopjoiningKALS) about joining another KAL too - its the Mini-Sweater from Glampyre. I don't know why I'd knit this - it would look awful on me as I am just toooo bulky a chick. And I don't really have any friends who would probably wear it if I made it as a gift. But I want it. So - if I must. :)

Had a decent enough weekend I suppose. I planned on going to the lake just for a walk with the dog and maybe a dip of the toes in the water. But rain threatened those hopes so we stayed home. A little house cleaning, Papa Johns pizza (which they made incorrectly, I called to complain as it was gross onions and totally ruined - they gave us credit for a free pizza next time - how cool is that?) and watched movies. I have to say that I really wanted to see both of the movies - and I was completely dissapointed in each one. Don't read further if you don't want the movies ruined for ya.....go on....you'll just hate me if I spoil them for you. Ok, now - the new Bridget Jones movie. LOVED the first one. I've seen it probably a dozen times, truly one of my faves. This sequel was such a letdown. I mean - international smuggling? - come on man. I could go on - but I won't. Bridget in my heart will always be the first movie. The second was ....and people are so going to hate me for this ....but the second movie was Ray. As in the Oscar winning movie for Jamie Foxx. Now, Jamie was very good in this movie - but I found the movie itself to be a little long and at times stagnant. I loved the music, LOVED it but I just felt like we were missing out on alot with the story. Hard to explain I suppose, but to sum - I guess I thought it could of been alot better.

Everyone I know who saw these movies thought they were great. So, what did you think.....? Was I perhaps too involved in my Cable Eight and missed key scenes?!

2 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Blogger um said...

hey rox! your cable 8 looks awesome. i almost called it the fearless 8! i love microspun - it's so incredibly soft. that's going to be one soft sweater to wear.

thanks for your comments on my blog. and please, no rush with the yarn mailing. i appreciate the kind gesture and don't want to inconvenience you! hope you have a great day :)

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Laura said...

woo hoo! I'm glad you like the stuff. I like Michelle's new name for your top, "Fearless Eight"! Good luck with the Microspun. I go crazy working with that stuff, but it does feel great when its done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home