Friday, April 29, 2005

Not one of my favorite things.....

Ok. So. Yesterday, not a bad day. I actually stayed home most of the day with the intention of running errands after the hubby came home from work. I was not feeling great - kind of sleepy and sluggish but with the insomnia lately - thats pretty normal for me.

I notice our dog is not feeling well. She's kind of sluggish herself, not eating, sleeping alot and not once did I get the biscuit dance - which is her way of begging for a treat.

I sit on the couch and knit while watching tv for most of the afternoon. Hubby comes home, opens the front door, sees me on the couch, comments something about looking like the living dead - then says "Oh my God". And runs to the kitchen.

Apparently the pilot light on our gas stove went out. We think it must of happened early in the morning when he was getting ready for work and had boiled water for oatmeal. I had no clue whatsoever - until I stepped outside for a few minutes and came back in. Awful.

Everyone is ok, we took Doogie to the vet who actually hooked her to a IV for a few hours. He also took some labs just to make sure there was nothing else going on. We had called the Fire Department just to see what steps we should take in making sure it was ok to be in the house last night. Basically - just open windows, no heat and of course - the stove was given last rights.

What a day. We ended up opening all the windows to air the house out, which of course the weather was completely uncooperative. Rainy and unseasonably cold.

And now - I'm wondering why - oh why I have a cold.

Grr!

And to close and offer some comedic relief after forcing you to read my woes - a little Mikey Jackson fun.



Just wrong!

Thanks to Susan for her advice with helping me with the whole yarn dyeing thing!

And - don't forget about my new KAL. Go on - sign up. I'll wait.

6 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

I am glad to hear that everyone is ok. That is a scary thing.
I have been thinking about your KAL, but I have never made a purse or felted something. So I'm still thinking...

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Oh no, I'm glad you're ok! {{{HUGS}}} That must've been pretty scary.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Our Hero said...

Well, don't be offended if I don't join the KAl thingy...I think you'll understand.

But about the gas thing-WOW is that scary! It's a good thing for you that you didn't smoke during the day. Tink of all the knitting you'd have missed if you'd have blown yourself up today in that box of gas.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

10. Bloglines. Go look! Whoo hoo!

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

aaaaaaaaaaaah! very scary story.

I love cooking with gas, but this is one of the problems.

Glad you're okay

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Peacock said...

Thank you for letting us know! I am SO glad that your husband came home when he did and that he immediately identified the problem!! You are one lucky lady!!!

HUGS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home