Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Pictures

Last night - and this is shocking...brace yourself.... - I slept for six hours. Six long, dream filled hours. Insomnia has become a part of my life, my day to day routine really. To sleep a full night is a wonderful treat.

Finally, the sun has blessed our house. I managed to get a few photos of some of my WIP's and a few FO's to share.

First we have my beloved pink/green felted bag. I love this bag - perfect colors. Used Knit Picks Merino Style in asparagus & petal. This didnt felt as thick as I prefer - but I just can't bring myself to complain as I so love the colors.



Next is a shot of the blanket I made with the Plymouth Alpaca Brush. Super soft, I'm wishing I had bought more to make this bigger and a lap blanket for home. But - it will make a lovely baby blankie for someone.


Next is the back of my Cable Eight tank from IK (the last issue). This is a pattern thats super easy but also a little tedious. Its gonna be too cute when I'm finished though - so worth the effort. Sable seems to want to be in this shot no matter how much I shooed her.



A pic of a pink crochet shawl I have been working on off & on. Its a mindless thing that I can work on when watching tv. The yarn is a mercerized cotton that I got a while back and didnt know what to do with. The color is kind of sparkly which I just can't capture well with my cheap little camera.




And last a photo of the hand dyed yarn I made last week - wound into a center pull. I actually ordered more undyed wool earlier this week as I am addicted to this whole hand dyeing process. I am trying to figure out what to make with it though - 400 yds, sock weight - ideas? Already tried another sock - and it just is not happening for me!



Thats it for my pics. Exciting eh? Makes it worth the trip over here right?

hehe

7 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger Our Hero said...

Your sense of humor reminds me of my sister and that's a compliment. I'm not into knitting, but I might come back just for the enjoyable read.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

Insomnia, eh? I have the same problem. I'm up until 2 or 3am most nights then up by 7am (I have fibromyalgia and the sleep disorder kinda goes with it.) Drop me an email with your MSN s/n and I'll add you to my buddy list...we can chat late into the night...

Blessings,
Susie

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Wonderful colors on your felted bag. Did you post a pic of it pre-felting? (Or am I just missing it?)

My condolences on the insomnia. I don't have it anymore :: knock wood :: but had it horribly a couple years ago.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Of course it's exciting! It's like a feast for the eyes to see all those finished/almost finished things. I need to do some more crochet, like for a summery shawl. Love the bag!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger dan said...

Wow. That felted purse is beeeyoootiful! Love those colors. I've been curious about felting for awhile.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Laura A said...

I love green! And your pink shawl is lovely. Good job.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger momee2two said...

beautiful work! Love the bag!! Where is the pattern from?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home