Saturday, April 16, 2005

The storm is over because.....

..... the yarn diet is no more. You will not have to hear me bellowing about my tortured, yarn yearning life any longer. Please, please - no applause.

After a long lunch with a friend, I was in the mood for a little drive yesterday. I hopped on Hwy 10 and cruised over to Lawrence to visit a wonderful yarn store - Yarn Barn. First, let me say that out of all the highways I have travelled - and there has been many - Hwy 10 is my all time favorite.

What - you don't have a favorite highway?

Its just a dream: a fairly new road, four lanes and very little traffic. Plus, I have yet to see a Highway Patrol car at all on this stretch of the road. Which means - I can let out a little of my speed happy self. That is until I do see the HP...in my rearview mirror...lights wailing...right behind me.

But until then - its officially my fave.

Anyway, I bought a bunch of yarn. Too much in fact. Share in my joy:

5 sks of Rowan Kid Classic



5 sks of Plymouth Baby Alpaca Brush



The Plymouth is probably the softest yarn I have ever seen. Looks a bit like a thick mohair, only sooo soft. I bought 4 in a soft green and 1 in a light yellow. The Rowan - well, I may be the only knitter who has never used Rowan yarn and I decided to change that. Kindly remove my name from the top of the list. I bought it in a dusty green.

Now - what am I going to do with all of these? I thought about making a tank with the Rowan, and maybe a knit shawl with the Plymouth. But....undecided. Any ideas?

I also bought a final gift for my SP4 - its been alot of fun shopping for her. She is into socks right now, which is yarn/books/misc. that I never buy. Its even helped me along on my journey to learn sock knitting. Wondering who my next SP will be.

Wondering who my current SP is too! Ms. Oregon, college student with a black cat whose name starts with a D. You'd think with all these clues and the billions of blogs I read - I'd have figured it out already eh?

4 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Laura said...

MMMMM look at that alpaca. Must eat it! I've never used Rowan either, so now you've moved MY name to the top of the list. haha. Aren't you glad that stupid yarn diet is over? Maybe I'll get back into SP5, I couldn't really stay on track with SP3, so I opted out of the last one.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger um said...

hey there! thank you so much for the yarn you sent for my knitters club! the girls i help will love it so much. they're ages 7 to about 12 or 13, and they get so excited about these things! i guess i'm training them well :p thank you so much, rox! i appreciate it so much!!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Toni said...

I'll say drool--I've fondled Alpaca Brush many a time at my LYS. Perhaps I'll indulge in the Webs sale. Hey, they're having a sale on CE Provence if you decide to use that for a scarf.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

Whe you decide what you're going to make with the 5 skeins of the Baby Brush Alpaca, will you let me know? Perhaps we can knit together. See, I just bought 5 skeins of it in the light lilac...and I am clueless as to what to do with it still. But it sure is sweet!

Blessings,
Snooze

 

Post a Comment

<< Home