Saturday, April 09, 2005

Uh, What yarn diet?

Welllll....I heard from a friend that my LYS was having their first EVER storewide sale. OMG. No way /no how was I missing this. The first EVER sale? Uh - the yarn diet would be put on hold til Monday. We can live without groceries for a week right?

So off I went....gleefully. Joyously. Checkbook in hand and the 'emergency only' credit card in tow - just in case a, you know - emergency were to arise. Like - some Rowan Kidsilk Haze in blue or something. Or a flat tire. Whatever.

I ended up walking out of there with two gifties for my SP4, 1 sk of handpainted wool and a wonderful book of shawls - The Knitters Magazine book of Lace Shawls. Dreamy. Whats better is that I only spent $40. Which considering my yarn was $24, the book was $20 and the other two gifties were probably about $20ish - it was a good day. Plus - I didn't go nuts like I figured I would.

So, we can eat this week.

Want to see some pics of the new stuff? Nothing of the SP presents just in case she stumbled across my blog.

The Single Sk of beautishusness:



Close up - arent the colors wonderful?



Next is the book:



And two patterns I plan on making from the book:



The one below will be for a dear friend of my Mother's.



I know ----ohhhh ahhhhh.... I do need to find some inexpensive lace weight yarn in creme or white though - at least 1000 yards for each pattern.

If you didnt already notice - I am in a shawl mood as of late. Its hard for me in the Spring/Summer to get into sweaters and the like. Speaking of which - here is a photo of my two recently finished summer shawls. Not the greatest pictures but the lighting is kind of cloudy today - I tried.





The last is not blocked yet. Which - I will probably put off forever as I hate blocking.

Well....thats it for me today kiddos. Bought some geraniums that I am going to replant in some cute little dollar store planters this that are just a' callin' my name. Have a wonderful weekend!

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Have you ever tried Grignasco
Merino Silk laceweight? It's amazingly soft and drapey. I bought a couple of hanks at Woodland Woolworks last fall.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger The Fearless Knitter said...

Ohhh...thats actually perfect, they even have the white and creme colors I am wanting! Diggin' the pink too - decisions decisions! Thank you!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I would have seriously had to walk home from a sale like that, you know, after signing over my car to them. haha. Fabulous restraint you exercised there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home