Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Wet Dog

Just got the new Knit Picks catalog in the mail. I love the fact that they pay for shipping over $30 - always hate spending that extra money for shipping when I buy online. I saw a yarn called Shimmer - have they always had this and I missed it? Very pretty and since I am currently in the midst of a lace shawl obsession - it fits the bill. May order some. Have you bought any of this?

Lets see - what else do I have in knitting news. Still working on one side of my C8 tank. A close up of the number o' the day for you:



Its looking a little better each day, more defined I guess. I am noticing though that this yarn - LB Microspun - is starting to fuzz a little on the edge. Which is not a good thing - fuzz is not my friend. Just nothing you can do about it. Not to mention that this cable stuff for me is hard work - I'd be pissy if this sweater got fuzzed up right away. Ah well - its a little late for me to be worrying about this now right?!

Doogie was the victim of the deadly assault known as "a bath" today. She hates it. Just walks around the tub trying to get away from her splash happy Mom. Looks alot better though, smells like my Herbal Essence shampoo too.



She is funny after the bath, runs at full steam thruout the house. Which of course makes her sweaty and stinky yet again. Also rubs the sides of her face/snout along the carpet or rugs to dry the whiskers. Or maybe to frustrate me by cleaning the floor with her face after I so undeservingly and rudely dip her stinky butt in water.

Sable (the cat kid) sits on the side of the tub and bellows all the while, whats that about anyway? Then she manages to stay out of the maniacs way as she runs from one end of the house to the other. Spreading the lovely stench of wet dog.

But ....who cares? If ya can't handle a little wet dog funk once in a while then just don't visit me.

Ya snob. hehe

3 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, I've had Shimmer bookmarked for weeks now, deciding whether to buy it or not (who am i kidding? i'm just deciding which color!). Who can resist something called "Happy Dance"?

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Deej said...

I have some Shimmer in Turquoise Splendor. Worth every penny. The picture of the color does not do it justice.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Lisa Clifford said...

shimmer. pretty stuff, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home