Thursday, May 19, 2005

Alex, I'll take Stupid Questions for $200 Please

A question for all of you dog owners out there:

How on earth, short of caging her - which is not going to happen, do you keep a dog immobile?

I feel completely at fault with my pups slow healing process. She gets better, starts acting herself and then the next day she will be paying physically for the little activity the day before. I cannot seem to stop her from barking at the mailman, or jumping on furniture or straining on the leash during a potty break or yada yada yada.

Its like having a two year old in the house. She is doing better though and I am Thankful for that. Just wish I knew how to teach her to chill out. Cuz the phrase "chill the hell out" doesnt seem to work with dogs. Who knew.

What else have I got going on. Well I am looking for a new tank to knit. Or at least a summer top. I thought about following Laura's lead and knitting up Boogie. But not sure about what yarn I would use to replace the Patons. Leading me to my next question - anybody have any ideas on a cute tank pattern I could find online. Has to be a tank or something with short short sleeves, not spaghetti straps. Or gawd forbid a tube type top. Something I learned from my trip to a Hawaiian beach a few years ago - I do not have tube top wearing boobs.

Not that you wanted to know that.

I finished my kicky pink/orange crochet scarf. It will def be gifted to someone this year. I am sooo loving that pattern, from Vogue Knitting - the last issue. But I am kind of getting sick of scarves. I need to get back into something with a little more substance. I've seen some Phildar sweaters that are gorgeous - but trying to find a pattern online for them (in English) is near impossible. Consider that the third and last question I'll torment you with - where can I find Phildar patterns in the US?

Watched Lost last night. I thought it was the season finale and was about to be pissy over how lame the wannabe cliff hanger was. But there is still one more week left - so I have hope. If they kill off my boyfriend, there will be cuss words coming from this blog. Consider yourself warned.

Alright - I'm off to search the net for a kickin' summer sweater. Wish me luck!!

Have a good one!

5 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I was reading the Nake-id knits blog and she has a great little tank pattern link called Chikami. The website is www.chicknits.com/catalog/chikami.html
Very cute in a light worsted or DK yarn.
Hope this helps.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Oops - I thought it was a free pattern but it isn't. Sorry!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

Ya know, I have the same trouble with my son...kid's got a broken hand and he wants to :::fill in the blank::: drive, work, go work out, go to work,...caging, eh? Hmmmmm...

Go see what Berocco has. Lots of fun and free patterns on their site. You may have to do some yarn conversions, but there are so many patterns that I think you should be able to find something...

Hugs,
Susie

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I've had the misfortune of needing to immobilize dogs (and cats) for periods of time. And sorry to say, the best most efficient way to do it is with a kennel. The whining and sad eyes are bad the first day or two, but it's worth the speedy recovery. I have a pile of summer top links, I'll try to remember to email you.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Oooh I know your pain with the doggy issue. It was torture after Marzi had her fixing surgery. Ugh. We had to crate her for lengthy periods of time so she could heal. Lots of bones are the only thing that got us all through it. LOL
There's the shapely tank pattern:
http://www.whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/lpullovers/fbc.html

There's this one at Lion Brand:
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kms-tankTop2.html

There's this one with cables:
http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/choochoo-cable_shell.html

or this one without cables
http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/choochoo_shellknit.html

If you're going for the 80s look, you could try this one (ROFL):
http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/cpy137_mikado_tank.html

IK has a front-slit tank if you scroll way down:
http://www.interweave.com/knit/projects_articles.asp

There's this one that calls for Patons Grace (but you should be able to use any dk weight yarn like Knitpicks Shine, too!)

http://www.canadianliving.com/CanadianLiving/client/en/Crafts/Detailnews2.asp?idNews=2737&idSM=307

Can't wait to see what you pick! And good luck with restraining your pup.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home