Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Dieting

Aw...Thanks for all the help with my new diet. I laughed while reading Eric's comment as it started off with me raising the eyebrows and then went in a funny direction. He said the obvious suggestion to my losing weight would be to put down the sticks and move. Oh no he di'nt. hehe . Then he obviously thought about what he was saying and how that was just going to be impossible for me - and offered a alternative that would make me happy while burning the calories. I should jog while knitting. A hell of a compromise and a good idea.

I would love to run/jog again. I used to daily, it was a regular part of my routine. Rain or shine - I'd sneaker up and hit the pavement. Them was da days man.

About 10 years ago I fell up a curb. Yeah - Up. A. Curb. I stepped on the edge of the curb and my foot slipped down and twisted horribly. I should also mention here that this was a busy intersection in my home town, I had just jaywalked and when I went down - the skirt I was wearing blew over my head.

Go on, wipe the laughter tears from your face.

I'll wait.

Anyway, it turned out I broke 16 bones in my foot and ankle. And - thus ended my joy in jogging. Any extended time on the foot results in a limp and a couple days of Tylenol. I can walk on it though - which is what I started today. Starting out with a mile or two - then we'll see what the old body can take.

Jacqueline also asked about Blue Bunny ice cream. Do you not have BB in Canada? Cuz - this stuff is probably about 30% of my excess body fat. I can't believe Lyle was just here a few days ago - and didnt have Blue Bunny ice cream. I should be fired as city host. Its good stuff - the best in fact. She also lost 4 pounds last week. Four pounds man. Impressive stuff.

And Kathy - I am so happy you are here. Someone I can dish with about The Amazing Race. You know whats so funny... is that my hubby doesnt really watch the show. He has tuned in and out of it all this season but those last ten minutes he was in front of the tube hollering at U & J to forget about the damn cab already and RUN! He doesnt like to admit it - but he's a fan. I am just thrilled that they won - now if they could just bring Stephanie back on Survivor. :)

Alright - I've spent the last 10 minutes talking about ice cream and tv. Lets just add this to my list of reasons why I've put on 20 pounds in the last year.

And on that note - the sneakers are callin' my name.

ps - visit Emily's blog wayyy over in Belgium. She just started this whole blog thing - and feel free to remind her to post a pic of the beloved brown/blue button bag. I'm dying to see how those colors felted!

I'm off to burn calories. And stuff. Have a good one!

8 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Renee said...

I know what you mean about the running & knitting thing. I used to go to the gym every day before I moved. I used the eliptical machine and tried to figure out how I could knit and do that at the same time. I would've gotten some looks from that :)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger MS said...

I love running too!
My favourite way of shedding the flab!

---www.tequilahummingbird.blogspot.com---

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger CraftyVixen said...

I love jogging, but last time I tried to knit and *walk*, I ran into a pole. Let alone jog.
However, I'm getting much better at this whole "not looking down" thing as I'm knitting.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

I liked Emily's suggestion, walk for 20, sit down knit for 20, walk for 20....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

You're a Survivor fan, too? Very cool.

Yes, Stephenie was awesome, but I have some serious Ian and Tom lust/love going on. Wait...that sounds dirty, doesn't it? If either Ian or Tom wins, I will be just as happy as if Steph had one.

One of the bloggers I frequent (ttbookjunkie knits) can walk on a treadmill and knit. She is my hero. If I did that, I'd fly off the end of the treadmill!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Good luck with the walking... I need to do more of that. I actually just rented a dvd called Walk off The Pounds at the library and "walked a mile" yesterday.
I've never had Blue Bunny ice cream (they don't sell it in MI), but I've heard it's delicious.

Thanks for the compliment on my sweater :)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger cindi said...

I have a suggestion for you that works for me. I knit while riding the recumbant bike at the gym. Usually small things, like socks, which I am addicted to knitting right now. I was there this morning and am feeling especially virtuous as a result. Happy knitting! Oh, and thank you a lot for hosting the SP5 Cindi

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Good luck on your new diet ... FYI, I knit while riding the spinner. :) Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home