Monday, May 09, 2005

Grease is the word....

Ok. So I was wrong. The movie Grease is loved by all ages.

Kindly do not kick my ass.

Not only do I stand corrected - but I feel much younger now. :)

Kind of a blah day today. I dyed what was left of the Knitpicks yarn I bought a few weeks ago. This batch is teal/yellow. I actually really liked the colors - I'll post pics tomorrow when hopefully - the skeins have dried.

And Jaq - I use Rit dyes. Easy peasy stuff. Other than my hands being teal & yellow for a day or two - its mucho fun. Laura started me on this - and I got me a Rit addiction.

To completely change the subject, I decided today again - that its time for me to start a diet. Again. I am putting on a boat load of weight with this whole unemployed thing - and its just not a good thing.

So. Tomorrow - is D day. Goodbye sweet Dr. Pepper. Adios Heath bar. And so-long my dear, dear butter brickle Blue Bunny ice cream.

Its been real, man.

Dieting was one of my New Year's resolutions. Of which I failed as my double chin can prove. I also planned to learn to knit socks.

That one may never happen. I am just not really into these tiny, little wooden sticks. I've tried - but gawd I hate the feel of em', I hate the sound the yarn makes sliding across them & I hate the fear that my amazon chick hands will crack the buggers in half with each stitch.

Now. Do you want to hear my diet excuses?

hehe.

I did keep one resolution so far. I havent bitten my nails since Jan 1st. Which is amazing considering I am the mutha of all nail biters. This of course could also explain my ever expanding ass.

:)

Wish me luck - and feel free to send me diet tips. Or if Oprah's personal trainer and/or chef is listening....call me.

Have a good one guys!

ps - The Amazing Race - did ya catch the finale tonight? *happy happy joy joy here in KC!

6 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

I'm feeling the same way about my weight. But I had a really s**tty thing happen...one of my docs decided that my numbers were off and cut my thyroid meds by 1/2. In 21 days I put 18 pounds on. Yeah...you read it right. At that checkup, my regular doc came in and hit the roof...gave me back my thyroid.

So do you think the weight has come off? Eight weeks...56 days...5 pounds. And I have a daughter getting married in 9 weeks. That sucks big, I assure you. I really need to get to the gym...but the excess weight has sapped all my energy. Catch-22, as they say.

I was dyeing yarn with Wilton food colors last night! We were dyeing together in different places! (Ummm...did that make sense? No?)

Okay. I'm gonna go lie down now before I hurt myself.

Hugs...
Susie

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I love The Amazing Race! For the last 10 minutes tonight I was yelling at my TV: "Go! Go! Go! Run! Run!" I had to stop knitting a half hour before the show ended because I was jumping around so much!

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Our Hero said...

I have a solution for the weight problem. It's not the obvious one which is put the sticks down and go out for a jog (I understand that would be impossible). No, I think you should try doing both at the same time. Start a new trend! You put the skeins in a backpack and head out to a track somewhere (shredded rubber is the best surface in case you trip over a trailing end of yarn!). Hold the sticks up so that as you're looking at what you're doing, you can still manage to see where you're going out of your peripheral vision. Not only will you get excersize that will probably lengthen your life, you'll lose weight AND finish your sweater/scarf/socks or whatever. On top of all that, you'll be the coolest person out there-and all this without giving up knitting! Image how cool you would look just knitting away as you run 6 miles. Everyone else is huffing and puffing and concentrating on form when you jog passed with a pair of flying knitting needles!
I know I know, you're never supposed to run with knitting needles in your hands, but I have a solution to that too: a welder's helmet. It'll keep the sticks out of your eyes if you trip.
And people say that my ideas are not practical! Ha!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I have been doing this weight loss study for 10 weeks now and I have lost 9 pounds. You need to keep a food journal of everything you eat. Watch your calories and fat grams and WALK WALK WALK!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

First of all, what in the name of Chuck Wollery is 'butter brickle Blue Bunny' - that doesn't sound real.

Second, I think everyone is different, but for me it all comes down to exercise, specifically running. BTW - there are a million runner/knitters out there.

I haven't been allowed to run for 5 months so I've been eating instead. I now weigh more than I have in my entire life. But they're letting me put the sneakers on again and I lost 4 lbs last week.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I'm totally jealous of your lace knitting! I want to knit lace but every time I try I fail. :( I will try again though, I keep going.

I can knit socks. To bad we live so far apart 'cause I could learn you how to knit socks and you could learn me how to knit lace. Oh, for socks, tried circulars? And preferable Addis or any other inox brand, if you don't like bamboo. If you use the magic loop method it's really easy, it's what I do (well, I never knitted with bamboo, I only have inox and I started with 5 needles).

As for the diet, sorry, can't help you, but I would advise you getting plenty of excercise, it'll do you better then just not eating. Just eat healthy things and go for long walks. Take your knitting, walk for a few miles, then sit down for like 20 minutes to knit and then walk back. It might help!

Greets!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home