Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Its Finished ....

Finally - I have finished the Cable Eight tank from IK. Want to see a really bad photo of a cute tank?



Not so awful eh? Someday, when I am maybe 70 or 80 and have shrunk to half my current body weight - I'll be able to wear it. The mannequin is equivalent to a size 1 - and its a good fit. Which is kind of depressing - but its so pretty I can't be pissy about it.

Although I really want to be.

This was a really easy pattern. Highly recommend it for someone working with their first cables. All K2P2 with 2 cable rows in each pattern repeat. Good stuff. I'm not a big fan of all that ribbing, but once you start it...and if you manage to stay with it....its a fast knit. I used Lion Brand MicroSpun in Lime. Which knits up very nice but was much thicker than I thought it would be.

All in all though - a nice experience that only caused me to complain once or twice.

Kind of.

I was begifted yet again yesterday by my dear friend Kendra. Who doesnt do this whole blog thing but stops by here once in a while. I shall post pics tomorrow as its all too wonderful to just put into words.

Plus this will make ya want to come back tomorrow right?

Have a great day!

Oh yeah - almost forgot. Someone spammed my comments yesterday. They hit the SP5 site board too. I know you probably already know this - but don't ever click on a link in a comment. It might send you to an infected site. The upside is that I now know how to delete comments from my blog.

:)

15 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

Ooooh your tank is so pretty! I love that color. Where did you obtain the pattern from?

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Smashingly good tank. It looks wonderful. The color is wonderful..

Silly spammers they need a life.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

You're so talented, who cares if you're not a size 1? (Well, maybe you, but no one else who cares about you does...)

I learned ftp today. My brain aches.

Blessings,
Susie

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Beautiful tank!! Love the color and the style...you'll be the sharpest size one granny :)
Anyone *really* knit-worthy you can gift it to? Some killer knit karma there, hehe...

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Noeysmommy said...

Too cute! Love that color! But why do you have a size 1 mannequin?!! :)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Beautiful Tank, now I want to make it - and I'm not even up to that ability yet, I just taught myself cables on a dishcloth from Creative Knitting. But...it's so pretty!!!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Laura said...

That turned out great! I like the color you chose too.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger The Fearless Knitter said...

Ahhh...Thanks! :)

The pattern is from the last IK. The only pattern in that issue that I've made.

Claire - if you have already done cables, that tank would be a breeze for you. Easy stuff. Holler at me and I will help!

And I simply do not know why I have a sz 1 mannequin. Maybe cuz - I already have a sz 18 here in living color (aka -me) so I needed a smaller version to model the smaller sizes?!

Well - that and it was the cheapest one I could find on eBay!

I may gift the tank to a handknit-worthy friend.... after I have a chance to ogle it for a while!

Sorry about the FTP brain pain Susie Q!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

That is toooooooooooo gorgeous! Makes me want to cable.

There's a size 1?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Heide said...

That top came out greeeeeaaaat! You used microspun?? And did you have to double-strand it, or change the pattern at all? Tell! I've wanted to knit that up since the issue was published, but wasn't sure what yarn to substitute with. Microspun is easy and affordable, I'm totally going to copy you!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Laura A said...

That is so very pretty! Good job. You'll be in good company once mine is done. I won't be able to wear it either.

Miss Finch

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Looks fantastic! I love the color. The person I'm giving mine too will most likely laugh at me as I tell her, "it's supposed to stretch to your size". LOL

This was indeed my first cable project and I agree that it's great for a beginner. Easy and quick.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Oooo...I love it! Man, I can't wait to get the yarn and get started on mine!! I still am deciding on an affordable yarn and on money :)

You did a great job on it!

Did you double strand or change anything??

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Veronique said...

Ooh! Your cable eight is so pretty! Did you twist your stitches? They look like they have a little more depth.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger The Fearless Knitter said...

Yup - its double stranded. I think I used 6 skeins - and I made the medium size. And you know - someone else asked me if I twisted the cables.

Uh - did I?

I don't even know what that means - but I didnt use the pattern correction that was given - just knit as written in the magazine.

I suppose - I should Google "twisted cables" eh? :)

Or....that could be my new screen name?! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home