Monday, May 23, 2005

The Monday Blues

Ok. So. This afternoon I was feeling blech so I laid down on the couch to take a little nap. Just 15 minutes or so.

I laid down at noon - and didnt wake up til almost 4pm. This is one of the many wonders of being an insomniac. For some reason I find it easier to sleep during the day and tougher at night.

Strange.

My weekend was a blur. My FIL was hospitalized recently (being released today) for some diabetes issues. So between spending some quality time with my MIL, visiting my FIL, dealing with the sick pup and starting the end of sign up for SP5 - I've been a busy girl.

I guess I shouldnt feel so guilty about the nap eh.

I did manage to make up one of Kate Gilberts mittens. What a quick knit and a well written pattern. I'm still not happy with my knitting though, its choppy and uneven. I also used Bernat Chunky yarn which feels soft but has a cheap quality about it. I guess when you pay $1.39 for a skein of yarn at Walmart - theres a reason its on clearance. But I can't complain as it kept me busy while waiting at the hospital or pharmacy or vet or yada yada.

SP5 is moving along smoothly. I am paying right now for slacking earlier in the month!

Which reminds me.

A computer question for anyone who can help - why is it that when I hit the 'tab' button on my keyboard it brings up whatever else I may have open. For instance, normally when signing into Blogger I'd type my screenname then hit tab, which would take me to the password box. Now, I hit 'tab' and it will bring up the only other thing I have running which is my security suite. The same with Excel, 'tab' used to move me over to the next column, now it will bring up the internet window I have open - or whatever else might be open. WTH?

Any ideas?

Ok - I'd better get. Errands to run before the trip to pick up my FIL tonight at the hospital! Have a good one!

And forgive me for my whining - I just woke up from a nap you know.

;)

3 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger yuvee said...

That nap is well-deserved! with you being so busy with everything thats going on, I'll say that you should get more naps ;) Anyway, I love sp5, good luck!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger TitaniumRose said...

Sounds like your ALT key may have gotten stuck on somehow - I'd try rebooting first to see if that helps. If not, smack on the ALT key a bit and then try. If all else fails, use a sledgehammer. =)

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

Lord woman, NAP! We only have so much energy and it sounds as if you have to spread yours out over a few different places.

Good healthy vibes come down to you from Canada for FIL, puppy and everyone else who needs it.

BTW - what can I do for you vis-a-vis Sp5? I do the code for the participation list if you want - you can then cut and paste it into your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home