Saturday, May 21, 2005

SP5 Contest

Thank you sooooo much for the summer top links - I havent looked at them all yet - but its on my list for this evening. :)

I just wrote a long saga of what my week has been - and deleted it. Its just too much drama for such a beautiful day. Perhaps I'll bore you next week with it.

If your lucky, man.

Now lets see. Knitting news. Well, I started the world scariest mitten yesterday. I am currently in between projects. Not that I don't have some UFO's laying around - but just not motivated by any of them. So, I found Kate Gilberts kickin' mitten pattern - and tried my hand. I used the yarn Susie sent me - cuz its sooo wanting to be loved. But I think I'll be frogging that baby cuz - even I know the ruckus a mitten this happenin' would cause here in sedated KS.



Yeah - its wild aint it? I LOVE the colors - but I really did a awful job knitting with this - had to use a pencil as a stitch holder as I only have one set of 10 1/2's sticks. So, I'll frog it tonight - maybe try a simple ribbed scarf with the yarn.

I also have found my new addiction. The beloved Vogue Knitting crochet scarf. I won't ramble on yet again about my love of this pattern. A simple picture - then I'll move on.



Handpainted Yarn leftovers. Yum.

May be taking a little knit-related trip in August or September to meet an online buddy and hit a couple of knitting classes. It all depends on the Frequent Flyer miles - and what moola I can stash away by then. Michigan peeps - and/or Illinois peeps ...consider yourself warned!

I'll keep ya posted!

I'm off to spend some quality time on the SP5 stuff. Up to 357 as of today. Yowza. I actually have a tower of 357 index cards on my desk right now. Hoping maybe we will hit 400 this time.

Have you signed up?

I'm trying to come up with a little contest for the participants, offer up a little prize. Wanting something quiz related or ....I don't know. Any ideas? It has to be something dealing with the SP5 event. In fact - if you can offer me THE idea that I use for the SP5 site - I'll even send you a little prize. Only one idea/suggestion will be used, one winner will be selected and I will even let you guys vote on it.

So now - this might be fun.

I feel a little Donald Trump'ish (without the bad hair). Who will be my new apprentice.

Or something like that.

So - send me your ideas. Email me at beedergirl*@*yahoo.com or leave a comment here. In the case of a couple people having the same idea - the first person leaving a comment or emailing me will be the winner or maybe I'll send each a little giftie.

Deadline is to be determined, probably the middle of next week!





4 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Snooze said...

*26* and growing fast....you rock! They like you! They really like you! (I do too...)

Blessings,
Susie

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Phoebe said...

I am so glad you left me a message on my blog and you provided the link for the mittens! Now I can make them to go with my niece's scarf!

Thanks for taking the baton for the SP5. I'll have to put my thinking cap on for the little contest.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Uh you're coming to MI and you haven't arranged to meet up with me???? Hello!!!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

Hi! I just emailed you my sign up info. For the contest since it's "SP5" maybe you could have us list the top 5 participating countries (by numbers & not necessarily in order) and whoever correctly picks first or gets the closest wins.
Have a great day & thanks for taking on this task!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home