Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Trade Me for Something -Tuesday

Ohhh...ahhhh.... look at all what Lisa sent me! We made a little trade - her beloved Cotton Ease for this truck full of fun!!

Brown Sheep, a giant sk of mystery wool, Knit Picks Shine Twist (lovin' that stuff), Peruvian Wool



Handmade soap from her business (how cool is that?)



The note card said "Very Sexy". Obviously that specific bar was made just for me.

hehe


Mystery wool and kool aide - which I will use to dye the Fishermans wool she sent also!



More Soap - yah for me!



And then.... this. I'm not sure what this is -


4'X9' blocks of thin wood, cedar maybe.

LOL - I'm sure its something really awesome that I just am clueless about!



Before Lisa responds to what a lame-ass I am.... I ask...what is this?!!

As you can see - I got a helluva trade! Thanks Chickie!!

I yet again, have no knitting news to report. I've cast on for at least 759 things this week - all which I frogged for one reason or another. I'm thinking that maybe I'm on knitting overload and so I am taking a break til this SP5 stuff calms down. Which I'm hoping will be by this weekend!

We are thinking about taking a little road trip either this w/e or the next. Maybe up to the Lake of the Ozarks. Kansas' version of 'the beach'. I've actually never been there so I guess I should be a little more optimistic on the whole thing. Growing up in KS I have always been a big fan of the area lakes. Then...just one little year in MA and a trip to HI....and I'm spoiled. Area lakes just cannot compare to a horizon of ocean. But - I'm told that the Ozarks are lovely and even have clear water in areas so.... maybe.

Possibly.

I'll keep my mind open just this one little time.

If you live near the beach - next time....dip the toes and take a deep breathe - just for me.

Gotta split chickies! Have a great day!

9 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

I think cedar blocks are used in coat closets and drawers where wool items are kept. They keep away the moths and/or mustyness? Just my theory!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

I second that Cedar blocks are used in closets and drawers to keep out yicky thngs.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Hmm, the guy who makes the handmade soaps I buy uses little blocks of wood for soap dishes. But its hard to tell what yours might be. And hopefully one day this week I'll have a long enough lunch to dip my toes in the ICE COLD ATLANTIC for you. K?

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Lee Anne said...

I think the gals are right about the cedar blocks...probably to keep moths away from all your goodies. :)

I love near the ocean but I never go...isn't that terrible. But I live near the Gulf of Mexico which is yucky water to me. Much like you I went to the crystal blue waters elsewhere and just have not been able to go back to the mucky water here (sigh). I do love to walk on the beach though and haven't done that since December. The cool thing about texas is you can walk on the beach in December and it not be too cold.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

Just wanted to comment on the cedar blocks being used for closets.

I knew that.

signed,
insecure jacqueline

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Wow, you cleaned up! That's quite a haul!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I hope you like everything! The mystery wool is completely feltable so I figured you could use if for a bag or whatever else you'd like. The mystery wood is cedar blocks to keep with your yarn or handknits to keep the bugs away. Cedar is good for keeping away silverfish, moths and other icky bugs. My dh, Jason, just built us a completely cedar lined bedroom closet and I had him cut up some scrap pieces for my yarn :) Thought you might enjoy some as well!
P.S. You a lame ass? Never!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger The Stitchin' Sheep said...

There are drawbacks to that ocean horizon. Think of all that salt you have to wash off. Don't have that at the lake (just trying to help make the lake-beach sound better - oh, and I'll dip my toes in for you next time I see the Mediterranean, which should be soon).

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger mf said...

Just wanted to let you know that those blocks are soap decks that are used as slotted soap dishes to keep your soaps dry in between uses so your soaps will last longer.....;o))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home