Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Acrylic, Electric Shock and Resume Enhancement

I am thinking about changing my comments over to Haloscan. They offer a wizard to change it for me - but I have to enter my Blogger password to do it. Doesnt seem like such a good thing. Has anyone else done this? Should I?

Hmmm.

Started a crochet afghan blanket today. Using mostly scrap yarn as I just can't afford to buy any yarn right now - but its pretty so far. Simple ripple pattern and using (gasp) acrylic yarn. Easier to wash - and I won't stress over it each time we use it. It would be my first blanket I've made that we will keep. Which means it'll take me years, decades even - to finish.



Also finished with my massacre on the shrubs that line the front of our house. Used an electric trimmer and gawd was it fun.





Two tiny teeny little issues with it however. First, ahem - the blades not only cut shrubs but the electrical cord the machine is plugged into. I'm cutting along with that whole -slashing thru the jungle with my machete- feeling when the trimmer just dies. I figure I let go of the power switch by accident when...hmm...what is that burning smell? And why is my hubby leaning out the door saying "what the hell was that"? I apparently cut right thru the cord. Didnt hurt me, hell - I didnt even notice it, but it dimmed all the lights in the house according to the dh.

So. My dreams of being a professional electric trimmer girl - have been put to rest.

Hubby did let me use the manual clippers to trim the gigantic lilac bush though. Those - I can do little harm with.

Did get it all done before the massive rainstorm came in. Woo hoo.




Watched MTV's Road Rules/Real World challenge last night. Uh, what happened to Dan? Apparently he left last week eh? Too bad - granted he has the whole indecent exposure in the movie theater rap - thing going on ....but I liked him. He is a KC boy too. So , you know. You have to support the locals.

All right, truth is he just cracked me up.

SP5 stuff is starting to gradually die down. Funny thing is I thought the rough part was over - but this follow up stuff is just killer. I'm handling it though, and thankfully they are all really patient with me. I'm thinking of adding it to my resume. I mean, out of the 600 + participants - surely I could find 100 who could give me a decent reference on this job, right? :)

Maybe?

8 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

I am glad there is another person in this world that has cut through an electric cord.

It gave me a good laugh.

Acrylic....do you need more?

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Noeysmommy said...

I'll give you a reference anytime!! You are so organized and efficient, and so darn NICE!!!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Christine said...

You've got a reference from me too. You should really consider letting us add to your yarn stash!!! Thanks again..

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Yarngirl said...

A decent reference??? How about a glowing, totally fantabulous, you da best, reference! Ah, I'm afraid of the electric tools - you are my hero.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

hehehe, hubby won't let me use any outdoor appliance that runs on gasoline or electric. ;-) Probably better. Not to be sexus, but for most women there's just some places we don't belong! ;-) Or me anyway. LOL.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger iknitifrogiknitagain said...

Love your blog! I use haloscan on another blog I have, and it's great - easiest set-up ever, and I've had no problems with security issues.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

Haloscan rocks! If you ever want a reference that you are the hippest gal around, just let me know.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Dani said...

I would give you a wonderful reference - you are responsible for hooking me up with the bestest SP ever (and I havent even received a package yet, but she just totally rocks!)

About the Haloscan and the password thing, Don't worry about it. Haloscan is reputable, and you are no less secure witht hem and your blogger password than you would be on Ebay or Amazon or something like that.

BTW, since you dont have "other" comments turned on here, I can only post under my blogger account,which is nt where my blog is, or how Im signed up to SP5 LOL
so if you are wondering who the heck this is, it's Dani from Yea I Knit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home