Thursday, June 02, 2005

Cranky Magee

I'm feeling particularly cranky today. Lots of reasons and too boring to go into detail. I guess I've reached my crab-ass quota and need a day of general pissiness.

It happens.

;)

I was just snooping around Lisa's blog and yet again - we have something else in common. Its bizarre really - we have never met but seem to have sooo many life-type things in common. I met her in SP4 - she was the pal I was to spoil.

Anyhoo, we have now started another common bond - we are both working at temp jobs. As receptionists. For the summer.

Oh the horror. This would add to my crankiness. I am just not receptionist material. Receptionists are personable, friendly and always smiling. Its too public. No privacy, people read my email as they are walking by and I think its kind of assumed that since I'm a temp - theres no real need to get to know me.

AND. This is the worse part.

They also have taken to calling me Roxy. Nooooo. I'm thisclose to correcting em'. But I figure I should wait til I am feeling less crabby so I will have a little self control. I probably wouldnt be recommended for future work if were to bitch slap a Engineer my first week on the job.

The good thing is I can knit. While I sit. And wait for the phone to ring. Or the hunka hunka UPS guy to show up.

See - this post isnt ALLLL negative.

Now that I have wasted at least 2 minutes of your day with my whining - I'll give you the good stuff.

First, I cast on for a summer shell last night. A real, live knitting item. That I havent frogged yet. I'm also working on a crochet scarf - must be ready for Christmas. Scarves are a wonderful item to give to charity also - so I always make lots.

I am going to start cruising the net to find out more on spinning. Spinning yarn, not the stationary bike that the Red Bull drinkin,' cool people at the gym speed-ride like an imaginary Mack truck is on their ass.

I also stumbled across a site that I'm embarassed to say - had my interest. Take a look. Don't judge me people.

;)

6 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

haha! I saw that site and yes, i've started saving mitzi's hair.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Oh, I love your crocheted (sp?) scarfs! I'm looking for some nice crochet patterns myself, has been ages since I did some crochet.

There are some good spinning sites out there, I remember one with videos that was really good.

Oh, and I'm thinking of spinning up some horse hair next spring! Not from my own, but from one of the riding school as they have thick fluffy hair they loose in Spring! :D Crazy, right?

And last, I envi you for having a job where you can knit. But temping isn't always fun I guess. Plus, one of the horses at the riding school is called Roxy, so I do prefer Rox for you! :D

*love*

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

Oooh that is such a huge positive that you can knit while temping! That's how I would get through the summer. Remind yourself everyday how much knitting you will get done. Lucky you!

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger The Stitchin' Sheep said...

It took me a minute to figure out what was strange about that site. I'm looking around, thinking: so, they sell yarn... Then, I saw all the doggie and kitty pictures. I'm a bit slow, I guess.

It seems a bit creepy at first (like using your own hair to make yarn), but then, sheep are animals, so what's really that strange about it? Cat and dog hair can be really soft. Yeah, I don't know where I'm going with this...

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Yarngirl said...

Just say no to Roxy. I really have a problem when people "assume" the name that they can call you. I've had it my whole life. People just assume my name is Christine and it's not.

Nothing weird about that site - I'm a spinner - I've seen it all. I don't know if the site said this, but keep the dog hair in a paper bag - or else the dog smell will knock you off your feet. I still have two skeins of Golden Retreiver that faintly smell doggie after 8 years. And they've been washed. And conditioned. And frangranced.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Haha! Why do you think I adopted a longhaired dog this time? tee hee. I got my current job by temping. I totally wanted to quit after the third day and only getting paid twenty five cents an hour, but it turned out okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home