Saturday, June 11, 2005

Move over Spring....

Summer is here. Blech. Heat, scorching sun, window a/c roaring 24/7 and er - the heat. I am so not a summer person. Was reading Susan's blog and I thought - I hear ya sister. I am not one of the women who sweat and look sexy like you see in the beer commercials. I am the scary woman you pray doesnt sit next to you on the bus on a hot summer day. Its a curse I inherited from my Mother.

Oh sure, I could of inherited her Vegas showgirl legs - instead I got the sweat gene.

hehe

Do you remember when my blog wasnt me bitchin' all the time? ;)

Now - for fun stuff.

First of all - LOOOK at what Amy sent me! Amy has been asking me for a mailing address since day one of SP5 sign up, and when I would avoid the question..... she'd ask again. I caved and she sent me a wonnnderful, unexpected giftie for hosting SP5.

Look...and try not to drool on my pretties.



Gorgeous soft wool - Rio dela Plata Courage Wool

In pink. My favorite color...:)



A felted purse pattern. You know I got me a little felted purse party going on right now - so this was perfect.



A cooool notepad that I already scolded my hubby for using as a grocery list.



Yeah, I'm a lucky girl eh? Thanks so much Amy - I really appreciate this all. Most importantly, I got a new friend out of the deal. :)

To make your page loading even slower.....

Here is a pic of really the only thing I have been doing knit/crochet wise for two weeks. Its purrty but... I have got to get away from scarves...and soon.



Which leads me to my next set of pics. Bought the Knitters Universe summer issue. This is maybe the 2nd issue I have bought ever. Rarely see anything that catches my interest - this one was a good one though.



I'm really not a poncho girl. Really. And I know they are probably back on the uncool list now - but this one.... this one just might be the perfect poncho for me. Braided cables and knit in the round. Two things which just a few months ago scared me to death...now....I'm a cable/kitr fool.



I liked this stole too.



There was also several tanks - most of which looked like pretty easy, quick knits. I love the neckline on this one.



So.... this one little magazine might of been just what I needed to get my knittin' engine to turn over. No more scarves til the Fall.

Maybe.

In non-knitting news. We got a diagnosis on the pup. I will write a little about her tomorrow as I want to research on the net to find out more specifics. The name is as scary as it sounds: Granulomatous Meningoencephalamyelitis. Its not the best news - but as always...we are hopeful. Thank you to everyone sending her your well wishes - you guys really are the best.

To close.....here is a before pic of the bushes around the front of our house. (no that is not the shack the unabomber lived in) See what a mess they are? Tonight....if the back is willing....they shall be slayed. I'm gonna take all my crankyness out on them. :)

5 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger --Deb said...

I agree . . . I hate hot, summer days! And today's was miserable. Blech. I already can't wait until autumn.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Have to say, we don't have much of a Summer over here but I still don't like it. There are like 2 weeks a year where I can stand hot Summer : during my annual holiday. But as we probably aren't going away this year I can do without Summer. They say we might have a really hot Summer but up till today I haven't seen much of it yet so I'm hopefull. Please give me more (true) Winter (yeah, we don't have Winter that much either).

I would love your addy as well if you don't mind, I want to send you something!

Plus, did I already tell you I like that scarf pattern you use? Where did you get it? Could I get a copy? Or would that be illegal?

*love*

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

Hiya honey...sure do miss chatting with you...email me with your address so I can send the Michigan Fiber Fest brochure to you. I will not ply you with SP5 bribes or anything...but I really do want to go to the MFF, especially now that I've had a taste of spinning on my new spindle...

My heart hurts for you with the sadness of your baby's illness. I never understood puppy love until Maggie came into my life. Now I understand all too well. Prayers for her getting better...poor all of you...

Soon,
Susie

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

The things you picked out are about the only things I like in that mag, too. I may try that poncho for a first stab at cables. Then, we'd see each other walking down the street and look strangely at one another, wouldn't we?

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Nik said...

I like that cabled poncho from knitter's too. but that's about the only thing i really like from that issue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home