Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Normal

Temping today. I am sure there are a lot of different temp jobs out there but it seems that mine are all exactly the same. Different drive to get there, different building. But its the same chair I plop my arse into, the same telephone system I curse, the same internet that I surf 85% of the time and the exact same people that cross my path. Different faces & bodies maybe - but the same 'people'.

As I sit here today wondering if what I type is being monitored (they can do that you know) I dream of the day when I will have a normal job again. Normal being I can plan on a solid work week, solid pay, form friendships that will last beyond 1 to ?? days and actually have goals in my job. Right now my biggest goal is trying to not potty all day so I don't have to ask someone if I can run to the bathroom.

I know, things could be worse. I mean - Walmart. That was worse. The telemarketing job that got me thru college, much worse.

Ok. I feel bettah now.

Working on sock number 102859 now. I am a determined woman. The whole sock experience has pissed me off to the point now where I am not giving up this time - and one way or another... a sock will be made. Working on a toe up version. Its actually a very nice pattern, the whole cast on method scared me a bit but worked out very well. What I am worried about is that it seems to be really big. Not that I have tiny little feet - but its just looking kind of large. We'll see. If not, well - I am well practiced in frogging socks lately. If you know of any basic sock patterns - using #2-3 sticks - gimme a shout. I'm a girl in search of her perfect sock pattern.

Also spied this during my travels. Ohh...ahhh... I've been looking for a tank, was leaning towards one with a cable down the center but that one is pretty. I like the neck shaping on it too. Me thinks this might be next on the sticks.

Oh...and the Fall issue of IK is out. Take a peek!

Thats all for now. Everyone say Hi to the guy monitoring this - holla! Will have sock pics tomorrow... maybe! Have a good one!

6 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger --Deb said...

I temped for a while the year after I finished college, and while it was (yes) boring--and no such thing as the Internet--it did pay the bills AND, most importantly, it helped me appreciate a good job and a good work environment when I found one, and I've now been at the same job for going on 15 years! And, oh! I started a KAL for the cover sweater from the IK issue--that pretty red one--if you're interested!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

Hello to all the guys monitoring what we type at work!! (I get really paranoid about that sometimes but then I say "eh, whatever"). :)
I was so excited with the newest IK issue. I love the fair isle cardigan. But oops, no kids to make it for!
I'm sending good thoughts that you will soon find a normal job again!

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous heather said...

Good luck with the temping--and the socks.
Have you tried to do them with 2 circs? My favorite. I couldn't figure out those damn toothpick things.
Glad you fixed the comments. Now I can bug you all the time!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

"I dream of the day when I will have a normal job again. Normal being I can plan on a solid work week, solid pay, form friendships that will last beyond 1 to ?? days and actually have goals in my job."

Thank you, thank you for some much needed perspective on my job! I really needed it! :)

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm sitting here at my temp job wondering the same thing ROFL. This week and next I'm working in a mailroom. hmmm. I don't know if I'll take another mailroom job. I just keep thinking about my paycheck...

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Well, either the people at my work don't monitor what I type or they have an extremely high tolerance for four letter words because I haven't been fired yet. HA HA! Thanks for your offer of the white sock yarn, but that's the one color I actually went out and bought. I'm no sock expert, but if you like toe-up, here are a couple. http://secure.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=5024 and http://wendyjohnson.net/blog/sockpattern.htm which I'm currently using. Okay, see ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home