Thursday, June 16, 2005

:ovomg i[ tp tje ma,e////

Because I must do everything that Susie does.... (well...except the gardening thing. And the whole having a couple kids thing. Oh and the being a kick ass sock knitter thing. And yeah, the queen of yarn dying stuff - besides all those things).... I bought this on eBay today.



Along with some extra roving (in purple).

Which I don't even realllly know what roving is. But you know. I must follow her lead. Well, that and when we do our little trip in August/September (?), I want to not look like a complete schmuck.

hehe

So - I am going to try my hand at spinning. Frankly, it looks a little scary. But dammit, I chose the name "Fearless" so I guess I will just jump off this friggin spinning cliff.

My next blog will be named "The Wuss Knitter" as I may go a little more realistic next time.

I also (and this is shocking, brace yourself) started up with the whole sock-knitting thing again. Yesterday, it took me 6 hours and a horrid bout of insomnia to get about half-way thru a sock. It was truly the ugliest sock evah. I mean, fugly. The heel was square, like a domino. The cuff was awful as I hate the whole ribbing game and tried to cheat. Just a little. I really thought it might kill me. But I am determined to learn this sock thing. I mean - who doesnt want a pair of hand knit socks for Christmas?

Went out today (after frogging Fugly) and bought some sock yarn. $10 for four skeins. That...I can afford. If perhaps you live in the area and see tiny, teeny, wee little wooden sticks flying overhead....... forgive me. And duck.

Check out the new purrty buttons. Finally - I may have mastered this whole button thing. Kind of. Also you can check out the side bar for a link of me in ....a...bikini. Yeah, thats right. A bikini. ;)

Must go... sock party calling my name!! Good night all!

10 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger The Fearless Knitter said...

Eh - is the subject line coming up wonky for anyone else?

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger The Stitchin' Sheep said...

That spinning thing is harder than it looks. The sock thing, too. I just started learning two socks on two circs last night because I had Second Sock Syndrome last time I tried to make some. So far, so good.

Oh, and I read your 100 things list. I'm a Leo, too. Not that you really cared all that much, but you know how people get all excited when you've got something obscure in common with them!

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Donni said...

Hi Miss Rox, hey my lovely SP5 has already sent a parcel - very nice. Thanks for that. I think I will send you this COOL article on sock knitting (like "socks for dummies" because I am only entering the realm myself and this was a very well written explanation. Stick with the spinning thing - it's very addictive.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger --Deb said...

You're going to have FUN spinning! After the first week or so of confusion and frustration as you try to get everything (the roving, the spindle, your fingers) to work together, it's great. You just have to get through that first week... And, um, yes, what IS going on with the title for this post??

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger mary said...

I just found your cool site,Rox.
And I am intrerested in joining as a secret pal. Yes, I understand that the date has passes, but next time, please e-mail me and let me know. It sounds like such a fun idea. Plus I do agree that this could be the answer to world peace.
Just looking at this site tells me you are one busy lady!
Mary

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

I looked at your subject line and thought, 'Hey! I didn't know she spoke Dutch!'

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Emily said...

One tip : start with baby socks. Really, I swear, it's much easier trying with little socks. And it's fast. Then move to the big socks. And my first sock looked awful. It's also about finding a sock pattern that suits you. I have a great one but it's completely in Dutch so that wouldn't help you much. Feel free to email me with any questions, I don't mind helping out!

*love*

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

:::laughs hysterically at Jacqueline's comment:::

Have I told you lately that I love you!?! Spin on baby! If it's half as hard for you as it is for me...go make a cup of Tension Tamer tea first.

Hey! I'm sockin' it right now too..

And did you get my absolutely freaky and weird voice mail? Yep...that was me. We're off on a weekend holiday until Monday, but we really need to chat at some point to decide where we're going (and to get help spinning...)

Hugs,
Susie

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

The subject line looks like frustration in typed form ;)

Good luck with the spinning!! I can't even knit without my last stitch being loose so I better work on that issue before I tackle something else ;)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Snooze said...

PS...where the heck did you make those totally cool buttons? I need something fun like that for the banner on my new blog...

Hugs,
Susie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home