Thursday, June 23, 2005

Sarah Jessica Parker Hair

So.

I'm thinking about getting a perm. I always had a perm til well, basically til I got married. Then I felt crunchy spending $100 on something that would only last about 2 months in my stubborn hair. We were broke. Broke broke. Of course, it didnt help that I was working at Walmart, oh the horror, and making about $7 an hour. And this was THE best job I could get.

For those of you who think working at Walmart sounds like a dream - trust me, it's not. I lasted all of about one month and every minute was spent with me thinking of somewhere new that might hire me. Walmart employee's - I feel your pain man. I remember vividly the store motivation chant they would make us do in the middle of the store. Clapping and singing and praying that the leader of this event from hell would not single me out. Make me sing - alone. This would be the day I walk out. Which, although I was not forced to sing - I did actually walk out. The only time I have ever left a job without giving notice and coincidentally the only job that will never appear on my resume. My business mgmt degree was not much appreciated in MA.

Anyway, after a perm drought (hehe) I think its time that I got back on that horse.

I'm thinkin' something along the lines of SJP in the early years of Sex and the City. I tried to post pictures but they are not uploading for some reason. Long, messy curls.

Not that I am the cute little waif that SJP is - but our hair is actually very similar. Hers of course looks cool and sexy while mine has that whole Unabomber feel to it. But with a little effort, I could have something similar.

It could happen.

Maybe.

In knitting news - I am still working on the sock. Just the one sock as I know the second will probably be the victim of procrastination. I feel really stressed while knitting socks, maybe its the newness of it. Maybe its the tiny sticks. Not sure, perhaps with time I will become more comfortable.

I did find these patterns today for ankle socks. Which would eliminate the whole ribbing scheme for me - and they are super cute. Who doesnt like the ankle socks with the little pompom on the back eh?

Ok - I'm off to run errands. Or walk errands? Toooo hot to run/walk anywhere. 90' degrees here today. Blech.

Have a great w/e chickies!!

5 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

I loved her hair in that show. If you have the same type of hair, it will most likely work and look fabulous!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I got a perm last wednesday....I haven't blogged about it yet because Greg hasn't taken a picture of me yet.

I hadn't had a perm in 5 years....and I was SICK of my long thin, stringy hair. So I got a spiral perm. I love it. I can't begin to say how much I love it.

Go for it. Perm away!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I had a perm in junior high. It was a very scary thing. Imagine a short, dorky poodle. With glasses. And braces.

And of course those were the years when everyone tight-rolled their jeans, donned Sam & Libby ballet flat shoes with the huge bow on top and wore skyscraper bangs.
Those pictures are never seeing daylight again I tell you!

*shudder*

SJP I was NOT.
Um don't let that deter you or anything. Your wal-mart story is hilarious. Although I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time. I worked at K-mart in college, so I feel your pain, although I'm sure it probably doesn't rank as low as wal-mart, and it isn't as great a story.

Anyway, thanks for the b-day wishes!

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger TitaniumRose said...

If you're liking the shorty socks you might also want to check out http://www.spunmag.com/article/050605socks

I've done the ankle socks so far and loved them!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger kitkatknit said...

My hair won't take a perm so it isn't an option. Been wearing my hair the same - long and straight since 1968 and it works...

Have you read the book "Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich"? Includes a big chapter about rip off employers like WalMart. Read the reviews etc at Amazon.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home