Thursday, July 21, 2005

Begifted

I'm a lucky girl. I have wonderful knitting friends - who all treat me so much better than I deserve. In the past few days I've received two gifties in the mail. Wanna see?

First from Ines. She sent me some gorgeous stitch markers that are much prettier in person - my camera just does not do well with stitch markers.



They were a TY giftie for SP5 stuff. Thing is I should be sending Ines a giftie as for the longest time I had her blog addy wrong. Even told the pal spoiling her the wrong address. Sorry about that - in my mind I'm a much better typist.

Sooo not the perfect host.

Thanks so much Ines - I really appreciate it and gawd knows I love me a purty stitch marker!

Next, Susie sent me a box of stuff. Knowing the suckster that I am at spinning, she sent me a different spindle (who knew?) and some pencil roving. She said - "really - all you do is twist". Pray for me.


Is that spun yarn?

More pencil roving:



And.... she sent.... my favorite....


A Crabtree and Evelyn Summer Hill gift set. Sigh.

Lovely stitch markers, potential spinning & I smell good. Tis a good day.

Thanks Susie - you know I love ya. Made my week.

Not sure if I mentioned this already here but my FIL is in the hospital. He had to have a leg amputation due to diabetes and an infection that had set in. It was a very rough week last week but he made it thru the surgery just fine. The next month or so will be tough as learning to get around and just healing in general will be a challenge. I have spent every day with my in-laws for the last two weeks - which is why my SP5 hosting duties have been lagging and I have not been posting here very often.

The thing about spending time in a hospital waiting room is that I can get a LOT of knitting/crocheting in. I sit, I knit. See - I AM a cup half full girl after all.

Kind of.

I am wanting to start a shawl collared type jacket. Similar to this. Or this one I really love - but the pattern is just not specific enough for me. I would basically need to come up with measurements and the body design myself. I like the idea of this one too but I'd have to add the shawl collar as thats what is most important to me right now. Do you know of any patterns out there that are kind of a wrap with a huge collar?

Working a bit on my fingerless mitts. Donni - check out these.... mine would be similar only I want them to go further up the arm and a different ribbing - lighter yarn. Yada yada.

Oh - and I almost forgot. I just got into the Fiber RAOK! Too cool.

Ok - thats all I've got for now. Got a ton of errands to run today!

ps - hi to my Secret Scarf pal! ;o)

7 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger LisaB said...

Ooh I love that raspberry wrap...so cute. We could help you with the maths...

Glad to hear that your FIL made it through the surgery ok. You are such a supportive daughter in law! My MIL is actually going in today for foot surgery - so I shall be in a similar boat.

Have fun running errands! I hope one was to the yarn store for Cigar! :)

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Amy said...

Fun stuff! And you deserve it--SP5 is a major undertaking, and I'm loving it as one of the participants!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Ina in NJ said...

I'm sorry to hear about your FIL's surgery. Diabetes is no small affliction. I hope his recovery goes as well as is possible.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger KSD said...

Will keep good thoughts for your FIL as he recovers. . .

I also like the raspberry wrap, but, like you, are put off by having to tape measure myself for the project. It's so much better not to know some things for certain. . .

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Donni said...

Thanks LOVE, I said Pet, I said Love!You are quite the girl.....

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Colleen said...

Thanks again for hosting the SP5, Rox. My pal rocks and I've had fun spoiling the one assigned to me!

I hope your father-in-law gets well soon. Big hugs.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Christine said...

I got into RAOK, too. glad to see someone i know there :)
Hope things are going better for ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home