Thursday, July 07, 2005

Insomniac Knitter

I am soooo sleepy. Thankful that I didn't have to work today as I am sure I would of been pretty worthless on the job. This week I am working in a mailroom.

Ah - I'm kidding. I just said the mailroom thing to freak out Lisa. hehe

My sleeping habits are straying back to insomnia. Not amused. I'm thisclose to buying some sleeping pills but I just don't want to medicate myself to sleep.

So. I stay up and knit. The only positive thing to insomnia is that its more quiet time I can spend knitting. Well, knitting and I get to watch the b/w Twilight Zone episodes on the Sci Fi channel at 1am.

Cup half full.

I started my Christmas list. My Mother told me that she really needs something to "just keep my arms warm", not a sweater though. A shrug, fingerless mitts, arm warmers? All three. My Mother is such a hard person to knit for though. Just because she is completely nuts in the cleaning department. Anything I give her has to be hardy as she will wash the hell out of it. So...must think....

I also know what I am giving my MIL - I am going to make her a bag for her walker. Gonna be a bitchin' bag I say. Darker colors and some kicky buttons. I'm searching the net for patterns but may just make up my own.

My nephew is getting married tomorrow to a sweet gal who has a three year old girl. Which means - happyhappyjoyjoy - there will be a toddler within driving distance that I can knit for now. This child will be well clothed in my knits.

Speaking of people getting married - Snooze's daughter is getting married tomorrow evening. Please drop by her site and give her props for raising such a wonderful daughter - and remind her that she's not losing a daughter.... she's gaining a son and..... someday... grandbabies!

To close .... my thoughts and well wishes to those of you over the pond in London. Hoping you and your family are safe. Thinking of you...

Be safe.

5 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

I can't wait until people around me start having kiddies so I can make things! Sorry about the insomnia thing, that must stink. Will think of things to make your mother...

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Gosh, I so wish you were my neighbor...lol. we could knit together and I am all for the twilight zone. I've decided how to torture all of my neighbors! I will be purchasing a rooster and some hens (I have 3 acres). HWWTS&J suggests some goats, too. I say sheep...whatcha think? BTW, if you need angels, let me know (for sp5, if brain is not registering due to lack of sleep) I would have replied privately to your comment, but stupid blogger isn't sending them to me...arghh

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Ines said...

you are too funny, My mother is the same way (lol) I think I have a pattern at home(I'm at work right now) for a bigger size bag that you may be able to modify - I will e-mail it to you later
take care and I hope you can sleep soon

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

LOL You brat! I'm back to being a receptionist next week at the same company I'm working for the mailroom for this week.

Hope you start sleeping better!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Lyndanna said...

Sorry you aren't sleeping Rox. Don't take a sleeping pill, try melatonin. It helps me when I can't sleep, which seems to most of the time, and since I am not big on meds, the melatonin does the trick.

I sent you an email. Let me know how I can help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home