Friday, July 01, 2005

Please, man. Make it STOP.

Ok. I'll say it. The words I never, ever thought would cross my lips. Not me.

His biggest fan.

I sat thru Minority Report. When instinct told me to flee after seeing endless Pepsi advertising in the movie.

I sat thru Vanilla Sky with a stupid WTH look on my face.

I didn't believe the rumours that he left his wife right after they had a miscarriage.

I may have judged a little over his dating the girl who said in Teen magazine just a couple of years ago that when she grows up she wants to marry him. But I got over it. I mean, love is love. Right?

I forgave him for some of the not-so-great movies when I saw Collateral. A great movie and wonderful acting.

I will dish out the $12 to go see War of the Worlds - and am looking forward to it.

But now. I've had it.

I am sick of Tom Cruise.

," late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel said on his show last week. "If we promise to go see 'War of the Worlds,' will you please make this stop?"

Is it possible that all the hollywood type men that I've been drooling over for years are complete doofs?

And Denzel - where are you?


Whew. I feel better now.

8 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Amy said...

Amen, sister. I'm SICK TO DEATH of Tom Cruise right now. And while I'm not a big fan of Brooke Shields, I loved her rebuttal in the New York Times today.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger LisaB said...

I agree. He is so totally weird lately. And get this. The other night I had a dream with him in it and he was trying to convert me to Scientology. I kid you not. It was so scary. When a celebrity is entering my dreams like that, there is something wrong.

But Collateral was a good movie.

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Heather said...

I hate Tom Cruise. Always have. He bugs the hell outta me. Big nose, big ego, big f***ing deal.
That whole relationship between him and that little girl just creeps me out.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Danielle said...

I am right there with you. I used to LOVE him! And now I can't stand him! Vanilla Sky? Minority Report? Collateral? Eyes Wide Shut?

What ever happened to good ole Top Gun and Cocktail?

It's all so depressing!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Another 'amen' here! I've been a fan of his since I saw him in Top Gun. In the last couple of months, I have gone from loving him, to detesting him. I honestly don't think I can stomach watching him in any movie, ever again.

First the whole Katie 'romance' (brainwashing, if you ask me) and now the whole "I know the history of psychiatry and you don't" crap. I have just four words for him: Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

(Can I drop the f-bomb on someone else's blog?)

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Woo hoo someone else who agrees with me. He is abso-freaking-lutely pissed me off lately. He has no right to make the judgements he is making on other people. He can kiss my freaking ass.

Sorry, you set me a'ranting.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

I've gotta agree. The word "Strange" and "Brainwashed" come to mind when I see him staring into Katie's eyes.

A religion formed by a sci-fi author? PULEEZE! And could it have anything to do with the MONEY the followers have? NOT AT ALL!

Creeps me out.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Donni said...

Hey Rox...SP Queen:)It's funny - over here (in Australia) when he was married to "our Nicole", he was known as "our Tom" (by the media - not me)...and usually whatever they did was reported with a kind of reverence....but he just gets sledged all the time know. I did read a great quote yesterday about "The Side Talker" (ie Katie)....ahem, "Katie has finally found the role she was destined to play. The Woman on Tom Cruises arm"....well that about sums it all up doesn't it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home