Thursday, July 28, 2005

Stuff

Wow.... have I really not posted since last week?

Bad Blogger. Bad.

Let's see - what has happened since last week? Well, I'm over my pissy fit.

Kind of.

Wanting to Thank those of you who offered me support during that uncool tirade. I'm normally not prone to blow ups - but... every girl has her limits. I'm much better now - and once again am reminded of how sweet all of my online buddies are.

In knitting news.... well.... I am still in sock hell. I started yet another pattern that I think is starting to look a little small.

Yes, size does matter. Especially in the sock knitting world. I just made 3/4 of a sock that was friggin huge so .... I went down on dpn's size. Of course, this means that now the sock is too small.

Acck.

$#%@!

I will not be beaten by these stupid little wooden sticks, man. I have decided that I will not start (nor finish) another thing until I have made at least one decent, wearable sock.

This I vow.

And stuff.

I also finally bought some of that Joann's boucle yarn. Think its called Rainbow Sensations? I am not big on boucle. But I couldnt resist the colors on this. Rather than patterned colors (what is the correct wording for this?) like... stripes or blotches of color - its a gradual color change that blends so pretty. I finished a shawl while sitting at the hospital this week.

Here is a peek:



Not sure what the deal is with me and the color green lately. I've always just hated the color - now it seems I am drawn to yarns in different shades of green. Must be my hubby's influence.

Also, to completely change the subject. Kind of wierded out. Noting visitors to my website I saw that two people searched the net using the phrases "having hair permed while epileptic" & "pictures of bitten nails".

Uh. Huh?

Whatevah.

Going to my LYS tomorrow. Did I tell you we have a boy working at our store now? Yep. And he is very nice, kind of sarcastic with some charm thrown in.

Which means I love him.

And he talked to me last time I was there. It wasnt a -"can I help you find anything" - I'm paid to say that - kind of thing. It was "what are you making, have you made anything like that before, I just started something just like that" yada yada yada. He is the first and only person in that store that has gone out of their way to chit chat with me.

Not that I'm dissing the store or anything, frankly I think that I am just scary to approach. Well worn jeans, a 80's band concert t-shirt and flip flops. My friends call it the "badass" look. I call it cheap, comfortable and in denial about almost turning forty.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble so.... I must go. If you've actually read clear thru this post....you have been tortured enough, man.

But Thanks... you rock ya know. And I don't say that to just everyone.
:o)

8 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Hey there, I read a comment you wrote on someone elses blog and am very sorry that there are stupid people who can't get it that you can't hold everyone's hands. I hope that I wasn't bothering you. I think you are the hostess with the mostest! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart! I am very sorry that this experience hasn't been very nice for you :(

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Christine said...

I have to tell you that I am spittin' mad and I will be blogging about this...ARRRGGGG. You have been so supportive and so nice and well I say KISS OFF MEAN NASTY PEOPLE!

I hope the in law stuff is getting better!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger LisaB said...

That shawl looks nice!

Glad you are feeling a little better.

I admire you for trying to get a sock done, even though it is causing so many problems. I would have thrown it into the corner by now.

And I say, be as badass as you want to be!!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger LisaB said...

Oh my goodness - I just looked at my search analysis on my visitors and this is what I got:

"How can I satisfy my boyfriend as a lady" and "jesus and mary paperdolls".

Weird and funny! You are not alone!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

You can do it! The sock will become a sock.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I really like that yarn....

And I just wanted to give you a big (((hug))).

You are an awesome person!

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Amy said...

That's OK, Rox...I've had people show up at my blog while searching on "housewives humping pillows".

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger KSD said...

Rox: I just finished a poncho using the black/gray/white Jo-Ann boucle, and am very happy with it. I finished it while home in Nashville, prompting my mother to go to the nearest Jo-Ann and buy herself some!

(Thanks for linking to me!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home