Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tagged

Donni tagged me ...... and I have no interesting knitting content.... so prepare to be mesmerized. Or not. :)

*******
10 years ago: I was single & living in Salina KS (redneck central alert) and working in a travel center. A job I loved. Just bought my own house, my cat Sable was a whopping 4 years old and drove my beloved (and later totalled by my sister) Ford Bronco.

5 years ago: Hubby and I moved to KC from MA and were struggling financially. Working two jobs: answering service & a secretary with an environmental firm. Inlaws had just moved out and life was chaos.

1 year ago: I was laid off for the second time from the same job and not happy about it and more than a little depressed. Went thru some physical issues that taught me some important lessons in life - love, family, friends and working to be a better person, thats what its all about.

Yesterday: I talked for two hours via IM to Susie about life. With a little knitting stuff thrown in. Hubby and I bought a couch and loveseat at a yard sale that are just gorgeous for $110. Visisted my FIL and the entire clan at the hospital where I listened to my sister inlaw drone on and on and on (and on) about her new pyramid scheme business. Managed to fend her off without pissing her off. Ate at least half of a watermelon. Stopped by Walmart to pick up plastic hangers, shampoo, cat litter, line reducing fancy schmancy face creme (ridiculously priced) and a Snickers. The latter of which was gone before I got home.

Today: I plan on spending a little time on my poorly neglected SP5 hosting duties. I've avoided it for a few days as I just havent had any free time. Don't fret SP5'ers - I'm on my way. At noon'ish I'm on day shift duty for my inlaws. I pick up my MIL and take her to the hospital where I sit with her and my FIL and shoot the sh!t til hubby shows up tonight around 7pm. Then I come home, tip the fridge into my mouth, wash dishes, put a load of laundry in the wash, take a shower, walk the dog & crash on the couch for the rest of the night. Don't be jealous - not everyone can have this life of adventure such as mine. sigh.

Tomorrow: I am going to stop, once again - biting my nails. Bit the living sh!t out of them this week at the hospital, now - I must climb back on the wagon. Also have a ton of chores around the house to take care of, along with my inlaws laundry and whatever may be needed over there. Then off to the hospital to repeat what I did today.

5 snacks I enjoy: What snacks don't I enjoy? That would be the question I could narrow down to just five. Snacks I don't enjoy would include black licorice (grossgrossgross), raspberries, onion or garlic types dip, Wheat Thins or similar & white chocolate.

5 bands/singers that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: The Foo Fighters, Alicia Keyes, Abba (gawd I love them), The Temptations ("the things I want to do the most, I'm unable to do") & Heart. Not the new folk band Heart though. The old 'heart' was the absolute best.

Things I would do with $100,000,000: Buy yarn. hehe. Set my inlaws and my Mother up for life. Buy a huge ranch and set up something where I could take in homeless pets on that piece of land. I would attempt to pay Antonio Banderas to be my pool boy. sigh. Liposuction. Figure out a charity I could start that would be helping the homeless - maybe housing or something like that. And after a major shopping spree.... we would travel everywhere. So many places I want to visit.

5 locations I'd like to run away to: Australia, Hawaii, Alaska, Colorado mountains & Greece.

5 bad habits I have: Nail biting. Nervous eater. Potty mouth. Panicky in crowds or even a room with more than maybe 5 people. I dwell on sh!t inwardly. Noone knows I'm stressing - but its going on.

5 things I like doing: Knitting, eating, going to see a good movie, board/card games & chatting with someone who has a sense of humour.

5 things I would never wear: A thong. And my ass thanks me. A tubetop. Everyone else thanks me. My hair off of my forehead, bang-less?. Stirrup pants. High heels - just ugliness for me, man.

5 TV shows I like: Survivor. King of Queens. Seinfeld. Twilight Zone oldies. The Amazing Race. Lost.

5 movies I like: Gladiator, The Matrix, Muriel's Wedding, Dirty Dancing (don't judge me, man), Open Water (although it scared the living sh!t out of me). All deep movies eh? ;o)

5 famous people I'd like to meet: Famous? hmmm. One would probably be Jesus. Cuz you know, we got some things to talk about and stuff. Nicole Kidman. Just cuz she seems really down to earth. The Wilson sisters from the band 'Heart'. Matt Damon, just to stare at him. Sigh. Thinking about the other one. Of course you know if I met any of these people I would just stare, be completely tongue tied and go into some sort of dork trance. Its true. And not pretty.

5 biggest joys at the moment: Husband, Dog, Cat, Friends, Knitting (by knitting I do NOT mean socks btw).

5 favorite toys: Susie just sent me a top whorl spindle (thankyouthankyouthankyou) with some pencil roving. This gives me the illusion that I am actually spinning - for which I am thrilled. I also love stitch markers. Not sure why exactly but I love em, both Danielle & Ina have sent me beautishus ones and I am constantly ogling them. The claw type hair clips. Those goo filled stress ball thingies. My early b'day present to myself - smoothie maker.
***********
There. Whew. I'm done. Now - if you made it this far.... consider your self tagged!!! Yeahh ... you!

7 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Dani said...

Rox
SO happy to have you here in RAOK now! Huge welcomes, I know you will love it!

Have a great day!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Donni said...

Awww - quite the whining about the sock thing alright! I just want to see FINISHED pictures! Like mine. Because I am perfect!;)

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous heather said...

Loved reading that! No judging goin' on here.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Laura said...

No pop-ups this evening, btw. Perhaps since I have no knitting news I will answer these. Either that or go to bed. Girl, we ARE related, because I friggin hate white chocolate, too.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Interesting read, Rox! Socks aren't hard, come on now!
I got into the Fiber RAOK today too, WOOT!!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Beaver Tales said...

I used to bite my nails a lot. Seriously. From the age of 4 until high school. But I don't anymore. Wanna know my secret? Find your instigator. Just like for drug addicts. What makes you bite your nails? For me, it was ragged edges so I make sure to always have a nail file on me. Also, finding ways to keep your hands busy helps. Maybe try...knitting?

: )

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

Empty the fridge in my mouth!

HA!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home