Monday, August 01, 2005

5 Things from Childhood

Tagged ! This time by Christine! I love this whole tag game - why is that?

5 things I miss from childhood.

If you want to participate the chain-letter part works like this: remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place; add your blog’s name in the #5 spot; just check to make sure the links are still attached if you copy n’ paste.


1. dynamiteknits
2. Sassy Stitchess
3. Stitch!
4. Purls of Hope



1. My Grandparents. God they were the best. They both passed away when I was about ten but I never forgot the love, no - adoration they showed me. They made me feel like I was the most wonderful kid on the planet. They taught me what I carry today as morals and ethics (yes, even at that young age). My Grandmother was the best cook. She'd make pies that would bring in the neighbors by the hordes. She also always offered me a bowl of cereal on every visit. This was our special time - we'd sit at the kitchen table and talk about important stuff (you know - barbies, cute boys, mean boys & girl stuff). There is not a day that goes by where one of them are not in my thoughts. Miss them both dearly.

2. My Friends. I miss the friends that you have as a child or even into your teen years. Those were the friendships I thought would last my lifetime - but didnt. And I really miss them. You know, they know all your secrets - you know all of theirs. Your lives are in the exact same place, going thru the same issues.

3. My Siblings. See #2 and replace the word "friends" with "sibling. Is that cheating?

4. Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. I have since learned to make this from scratch by myself - but its not the same yummy'ness that my Mother used to make. Thick, plump noodles that she would spend an afternoon rolling out and perfecting, hearty broth and yada yada. Nothing can compare.

5. Er, My Youth. For obvious reasons. I can remember walking 2 miles from my home to the swimming pool and back - every day in the summer time. These days - I'm pissy if I don't get a decent parking spot at the mall. I miss the time when sunburns were .... sunburns. Not cancer or wrinkles or sun spots. I miss climbing trees. Swinging on tree ropes over a creek (we call em' criks here ya know). Or riding my bike full speed down a hill and fearing nothing. Those were the days eh?

Whew. Your turn. Danielle, Susie, Jacqueline, LoriB & Donni. And YOU, yeah you!

You be tagged....

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Roxanne - Thank you for this: "I miss the friends that you have as a child or even into your teen years. Those were the friendships I thought would last my lifetime - but didnt. And I really miss them. You know, they know all your secrets - you know all of theirs."

I've had the same best friend since I was 7 years old. I treasure her, but it's posts like yours that make me realize how lucky I am. There's nothing like a friend who knows exactly where you've been and gives you a push to become what you should be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home