Friday, August 19, 2005

Addictions

When I first heard about OLN showing all the Survivor reruns - I thought... blech. Who cares.

But then I accepted the addiction that has taken over my body.

Reality tv.

What is the deal with me and loving these stupid reality shows. To the point where I will watch them again - when I really already know the outcome. Its not like a Seinfeld or Cheers episode where you get a little laugh. Its not a classic. I did not miss something deep and thought provoking the first time around.

Its Survivor for gawds sake.

Yet every night at 9pm I see myself inexplicably drawn to channel 58.

And don't get me started on the other lame ass "reality" shows that I have spent too much time on. Why do I watch The Real World every year even though I'm at least 20 years older than the cast? Or The Bachelor or Bachelorette?

Or dare I say it? - America's Next Top Model.

Oh, the shame.

Perhaps there is subliminal programming going on. Yeah. Thats it. Its not that I'm a total geek/nerd/addict, its all brainwashing.

And stuff.

I'm going now. And not cuz its almost 9pm. Really.

3 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Christine said...

I have a blocker for those things! HWWTS&J will give me super crap for watching those things! Good thing too, cuz I should be reading to the kids :)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

I am a sucker for reality shows too. I think there is some drug that is being tranmitted over the tv waves.

(But I watch in secret because my DH hates them - but I'm addicted)!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger bethieee said...

ach, that's so funny.
I call the darn things train wrecks. You know you shouldn't want to watch, but can't seem to pull yourself away...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home