Sunday, August 28, 2005

Christmas In August

A wonderful weekend of gifties for me. For me I say. Want to see the three beautishus surprises that came in the mail.

For me!! Did I mention that?

I'll show them in the order they arrived.

Thursday: A set of gorgeous stitch markers from Shannon.



Did I tell you about Shannon? Well, she emailed me via the SP5 site one day when I was begging for Angels. Ok, I wasnt begging persay - but you know. I sounded pretty desperate. She was asking about volunteering to be an Angel for someone who had a pal that bailed. I immediately said anything she could do would be great - and sent her the invite to the blog for the Angels. She picked someone to send a giftie to - and then told me that she had just looked at the rules for SP5 (back from day one) and had only just realized it was an event for knitters/crocheters.

Of which she was not (I am working to change that!). And still - she wanted to participate. A-friggin-mazing. Blew me away - she ended up going out of her way, researching something that she thought us knitters/crocheters might like and came up with stitch markers. She made a set for her 'pal' and a set for me. (I'm a lucky girl) Plus, she actually entered the yarn mecca of Joanne's or whatever craft store and bought her pal some knitting type stuff (needles and yada yada).

Is that not just the best story ever?

Plus she's cool. You'd like her. So, I not only get a new friend out of the deal but she renewed my faith in the whole real meaning of the Secret Pals events.

:)

_______
Friday: Ohhh... ahhhh. More delicious stitchmarkers. This time a joint effort from Tahlia and Beth.



See the notes on the stitch markers. The absolute best part of this giftie. They wrote little notes and attached it to each marker. The notes said things like "because you've done a great job", "because its totally not your fault a spoiler gyps out", "because I trust you not to sell my address" and my favorite "because your efforts are not worthless". Which in truth made me a little teary eyed.

What? I can be teary eyed. I'm pms'ing AND if you know the story with the whole "efforts are worthless" story - you'd understand.

Thank you guys - it was just so thoughtful - and meant the world to me.

__________
Saturday: Yeah, Saturday too. Today brought a giftie from Heather.



Wonderful cards WITH a knitter on the front. KNIT CARDS I say!! She must of knew how I just love to get a card via snail mail - and how much I love to reciprocate. These will be perfect - and they are Knit Cards. I know - I mentioned that already. Just love em'. Yay! Thanks Heather - just a perfect treat for me.

Thanks so much ladies. I really can't say that enough - really made my day. No, it made my month. Which after the month I've had - thats quite a feat!

Thanks again Chickies. You rock!

:)

7 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger bethieee said...

Glad you like them... You're worth it!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Christine said...

I agree, you sooo deserve them!!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning in my comments. You can soooo keep those photos to yourself...jk... I got the biggest smile just from reading the comment. You sure are a great friend to have :)

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger --Deb said...

Oh, well you deserve it! I think you did a great job!

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Will they work? Huh, huh, will they? Ok, I'll calm down I'm glad they arrived safely...but didn't I tell you not to mention to anyone that I occasionally slipped up and did something nice? Heh...thanks again for letting me help out, I've enjoyed it!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger LisaB said...

cool gifties - you definately deserve them!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger kittensmittens said...

Dang, it really is Christmas for you. That is some very cute stuff you got.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Karin said...

Hey! I just got a card in the mail from a friend in Houston and it's the same knitting card you got! How cool :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home