Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Real Live Knitting Content

As promised .... a post that is just about knitting.

No bitching or whining. No SP5 woes. No family drama. No house repairs, car repairs or anything else that might need to be fixed.

Just knitting.

I've been hard at work on my scarf for my Secret Scarf Pal. If you followed that link - Celia is the hostess.... not my secret pal. Anyhoo, I had thought that maybe we were to keep the specifics of the scarf we were making a secret so the recipient would not know anything about it - but I see that others are posting with updates.... So I thought I would too. I just won't tell you who is getting the scarf. K?

Here is a pic of the scarf.



If you've read my blog - you probably recognize the pattern. I can't help it. I just LOVE the pattern - plus its crochet and super fast to make up. The recipient lives in a area where its usually warm - so I wanted something light and airy. This fit the bill.

I've also been back on the sock kick.



This is "Dye Your Own" fingering weight from Knitpicks. I dyed this a few months ago - thought it to be quite ugly. Changing my mind on that as I like the pattern that came out with this sock. We'll see if its mate is a unusual. Its much cuter in person. You'd like it. Awful light today so my camera didnt really capture the colors.

You will notice how I didnt bitch/moan about this sock? Yeah, I think finally - maybe... just maybe .... I've figured out this whole sock knittin' thing.

Who'da thunk it eh?

I also started another pair of socks - just started so we'll see how they turn out. Its the same striping yarn I used with my first attempt at sock knitting ("Fugly").



I'm really wishing I could of gotten in on the whole Sockapalooza thing. Maybe next time..... as I'm just dying to see in person what other handknit socks look like. I'm still not confident that I am doing the decrease after the heels right. Plus - it would be cool to make and receive a pair of hand-knit socks!

There. I did it. All knitting.

Tomorrow - the bitchin' shall resume.

;)

10 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Julie said...

Nice scarf! I too thought it should be secret and then noticed folks updating so decided to update my progress as well.

Excellent sock, can't wait to see the mate. Addictive little buggers once you get one right.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

Wow, knitting content! :)

Everything looks fab! I love the striping yarn on the second pair of socks, purdy colors.

How did you dye your own yarn? I really want to try this but it sounds hard.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Christine said...

You wanna do a mini sock swap???eh?

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

I do! I do want to be in a mini-sock swap. Whatcha thinkin'?

Thanks for the compliment on the scarf Julie. Are you my secret scarf pal? Or... am I yours... Hmmm. hehe!

Lisa - get some of the knitpicks yarn and just experiment. I use RIT dyes but I know of others who use food coloring and Kool Aid. I always think the Kool Aid is kind of smelly - so I avoid it.

Oh.... do you want me to send you a dye kit in exchange for the ginormous favor?! Or both? Yeah, thats a better idea!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Christine said...

damn spammers! I will trade socks with you Rox! Send me your measurements and I'll send you mine :)

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great If you like make money online, I'm sure you'd be interested in paid survey know about paid survey

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Allena said...

that is a great scarf! I love that sock the way the colors joined/pooled is great! lovely!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Ya know I'd send you a sock but it would probably have a Gold Toe -heh! Now that I see you do crochet I'll send you something else - a pattern book I have that I swore I was going to learn -- didn't happen, maybe you'll have better luck.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I wouldn't mind doing a privat swap with you either, as for the socks, but as you already have 2 offers ... If you ever feel interested, contact me!

*love*

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the scarf for your SP is fabulous! Lovely pattern, delicious color. Hope you'll post the finished scarf for all to admire! Yep, I can see myself wearing that. Alas, if I'm not the lucky recipient, I have no doubt whoever is will just treasure your beautiful work.

Debi (also on the SE)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home