Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Sooo much to say....

This would be my third attempt at posting. The first post was all about a bug situation we are in the midst of. Spiders in the car, centipede spotting in the tub and a beetle scary ass thing in the laundry room. All uncool and all drama filled for me. But who wants to hear long in-depth stories about bugs and my phobia?

The next almost-post was about three scarves. All of which I have been knitting off/on for the last week or so. None are really interesting - but... it was all I had for knitting content. A glimpse at the scarves:



I have been in an anti-post kind of mood lately. You can blame it on the stupid cold that has totally kicked my ass or PMS or maybe some sort of mid-life crisis I suppose.

Or maybe I'm just lazy.

Yeah, lets go with the last one.

Plus the weather is finally not unbearably hot. Temps have been really wonderful lately and I am praying that maybe, just maybe - Summer is almost thru with its smackdown on us.

And... the end of summer also brings.... the end of SP5. Which is kind of bittersweet for me. I've made so many new friends thru the event but I've also had a not-so-great time with a couple people. And what is totally amazing is that I have not gone off (sooo 80's) on anyone.

If you knew me, I mean - really know me - you would understand the accomplishment this is in my life.

I once was a badass. Ok, I'm still a little bit badass. I'm leaning more towards the 'give peace a chance' reasoning now.

Kind of.

But not in a wussy sort of way.

:)

Tomorrow - a real live knitting post. With yarn, WIP's and stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

4 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I, too, have bug issues, and going off issues, and boring knitting issues, gosh, I just have lots of issues. Put a smile on that face and stop being so lazy, it makes us worry!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Ok - so once again I have to ask your forgivness - I'm not a knitter, but I do participate in a couple of sites simular to SP5, and it really gets my hair up that anyone has the nerve to get peeved at the organizers. I can only guess the logistics (and heart) behind organizing such a thing and folks like you deserve applause - not beratement. Poo on the pissy ones and I'm soooo sorry you have to put up with them!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger --Deb said...

SP5 ws fun, and you did a good job! Don't listen to the people who obviously only exist in this world to complain. But, hmm, that reminds me, I need to get my last box in the mail . . .

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

Ooh I love seeing the progress of your scarves!

I am so ready for summer to be over too. I love fall/winter. Hate the heat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home