Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Today

I have a lot to post about today but... I am going to save most of it til tomorrow.

Today's post shall be dedicated to my latest completed project. Well, its 50% complete if you want to be specific - but you know what I'm saying.

So. You know - I've been bitching (not proxy bitchin either) non-stop about how I hate socks. How I am a stupid sock knitter, will never touch another pair of dpns EVER, cannot figure out what the hell I am doing wrong and yada yada yada.

You've been here. You've heard my whining.

Thanks for putting up with my sorry butt.

Behold the creation that will be known as my very first....SOCK!



Tadaaaa.

Its purty huh.

Ok, its not spectacular but..... by God its a sock. That I knit. And stuff.

The ribbing is shorter than the pattern called for but there is only so much I can tolerate with that k2p2 crap. 4' was my limit. And it fits too.

I'm a little worried that I did the decreases after the heel wrong, look at it...does it look right? I get my needles and what number each should be confused. But - even if its wrong.... it will be worshipped for the vision of beautishusnous that it is.

Don't hate me cuz my sock is da bomb, k?

Thinking about naming my socks. Not the store bought ones of course. Cuz that would be just wierd. (hehehe). Just the ones I make. Come on .... join me in the sock naming lunacy... and gimme an idea! :)

8 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Christine said...

blulimbertart is the name I would give it... but I am wierd...lol
blu, because it reminds me of blueberries, lim for the limey stripey thingies, bertart because it looks berry tarty (just like the person trying to name it...lmao) But really, it looks great and correct and again I bow to you O great one....

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Noeysmommy said...

My goodness....she is Bee-U-T-ul!!!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

SOCK ZOMBIE!!!

Send me the pic and I'll post you.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Donni said...

Hey Hey Hey....you did it! I knew you would get out of the corner..call it "Rox-your-Socks-Off"....well I think it's funny!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger TitaniumRose said...

If men can name parts of their anatomy, you can name your socks. =)

How about something like "sockaliscious"?

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger LisaB said...

Your sock looks fab! You have done something I haven't even attempted to try. Socks scare me. Congrats!

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Susie said...

Frank. You need to name it Frank.

~Hugs

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Vicki said...

Your sock looks great! Congrats. I did finally start on the mate to my first sock on Wednesday afternoon. So it won't be lonely for long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home