Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Katrina

Just a reminder asking you to visit our little blog o'charity. We have had a few offers but would so love for the turnout to be higher ($80 so far). Please check it out. Lots of scarves, a baby sweater, leg warmers & more. All of the proceeds will go towards helping those suffering in the Katrina disaster.

Go on. Ya know you are curious. And its for a good cause.

I actually got an email on the SP5 account yesterday from a participant in New Orleans. She was evacuated from the city in time and is doing fine. Not sure about her home though. At a time in her life when she may not even have a home to go back to - she was worried that the gal she was spoiling in SP5 was not going to get a final package from her.

This is why you give what you can.

Our goverment failed to offer much needed assistance for the first few days, family and friends died unnecessarily. In supposedly the richest country in the world - our goverment took five days to react in time of crisis.

Now tens of thousands are sleeping in gymnasiums, church pews or other shelters far from their homes - or whats left of their homes.

They need their neighbors help. This is the time. Step up. Give a buck, give a hundred.

Just give what you can.

Do you have a room to spare?

Help someones pet.

Donate cash.

Click here for a site with a lot of the charities listed that are working with the hurricane survivors.

4 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Hi Rox-

I sent you an email to the SP5 address but it bounced. I wanted to let you know my SP5 never revealed herself or sent me a gift for August (she did for June and July). I'm not worried about the gift, I'm worried about HER. I don't know where she is but I'm concerned! Have you heard anything?

Thanx!

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Hey Rox, if the lady from New Orleans wants help with her SP5 pal, direct her to me and I'll 'Angel' for her.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger G Sharona said...

I will purchasing an item from Shannon :) I looked over the items and they are so way cool..You Girls are so Gracious and Kind...need more peeps like ya in the world.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i just sent my $40 donation into the red cross and sent the recipt to Rox.. I can't wait for my scarves:) what a wonderful idea to auction knitted stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home