Monday, September 19, 2005

Monday Stuff

A peek at something I just finished.... ends must be weaved in and yada yada before the full pic is posted. But.... I was just sooo happy with it that I couldnt wait to share a photo.

ohhh.. ahhhh...



Not the greatest pic... but its purty. Trust me. ;)

Tomorrow I am finally starting on my sock for my SET pal. Yeah, tomorrow night is really when the bitchin' from me should start.

Consider yourself warned. I am not a patient sock knitter.

I'm actually taking my SIL to the hospital tomorrow (she's having outpatient surgery) and plan on putting all that free time into the to-be beloved socks.

Maybe.

Ok. Truth is I will probably be playing Tetris on the cell phone a little more than knitting.

But, the socks will be on the sticks... in my purse....just in case.

I've noticed that I don't particularily like to knit in public. Too many distractions. Plus my husband told me recently that he can tell when I'm deep into a pattern, like its really complex (aka socks). He says, and this is horrifying - that I pucker out my lips - like a fish face kiss kind of thing.

Yeah. That HAS to be attractive.

Not to mention - oh no - my Mother does the same face. The hubby told me about the fish face thing - and I thought.... my Mother. I really am becoming my Mother.

I wonder when the 'must- have- a- clean- spotless- house, what- if- the- neighbors- stop- by- or- even- a- random- stranger- and- they- see- a- fleck- of-dust anywhere' gene kicks in.

Aging gracefully. Over-rated. Hmph.

To close on this wandering post... a pic of the boss in the house enjoying a few rays of sun. My baby... Sable Sable.



Awwww

8 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Karen said...

That does look pretty! I can't wait to see the whole picture of it!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Love the wrap!!! Pretty!

Love the "Boss" too!

Any news on my SP??

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ooooohhhh! me likey so much!!! i must have that pattern where did you get it... no price is to high for such beauty:) you did a fab job, you go woman... and btw i am turning into my momma too!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Rox the wrap is lovely and so is Sable!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Lynette said...

your wrap is beautiful even without the ends woven in! just gorgeous.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger G Sharona said...

Rox..it's Greenie and I love your wrap..you and Shannon are so talented.I got back to Texas and started pondering what kind of crafts to do....you girls are so inspiring.Sable is beautiful and yes..so is Shannon.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

The wrap looks great now, can't wait to see it after it's blocked. But don't rush on my account. I have NEVER blocked a shawl - tho I should.

Funny, I always think I'm making "Mom" faces while watching TV. I KNOW they're there. Good thing Tom doesn't know.

Sable is glad you know who the boss is!

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Gorgeous! Even w/o blocking/weaving. Hey I lost the email where you said what to do about the donation for the auction, blahblahblah. I'm doing something about it tonight, but I still don't know if I should send you the shipping $?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home