Thursday, September 15, 2005

Scarf a'lishous

I joined Celia's scarf exchange a while ago. You basically make a scarf for a person assigned to you and someone else makes you a scarf. Fun fun fun.

Just recently finished my scarf for my pal and sent it off to her.

Yesterday I received a package in the mail all the way from Australia. When I first saw the post-stamp - I thought... no way did Donni (my SET bud from Aus) make socks already AND get them shipped to me.



But the box was from the wonderful, talented, fabulous Judy. This has to be the absolute most spectacular scarf I have ever seen.



Blue wool that is super soft and she actually knit it so it kind of curves around your neck. That made no sense - but, its kind of boomerang shaped I suppose. Which in itself was impressive but then your eyes wander down to the beautiful flowers that she has added to the ends of the scarf. Look.



Is that not absolutely wonderful? I have to say that I was just speechless when I saw it. So much thought and detail went into the scarf and its just so special. I was truly touched.



Judy - this really is such a wonderful gift - I Thank YOU soooo much for your effort and the time that you put into this. Its even in blue - my favorite color! It will be worn with pride this winter (just around the corner here in the states) and cherished forever.

She even threw in a kicky shawl pin that she made - wayyyy too good of a day for me!

Thank you - and I hope your scarf buddy is as wonderful to you as you were to me.

4 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Debi said...

That scarf is AMAZING Rox!! You are very lucky!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

That scarf is beauti-lishous! (It's a word...look it up!)

How did you like Survivor? Oh My GOSH!! What an exciting first show!

I'll say no more. Don't want to ruin it for anyone.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

WOW i have never seen a scarf made with so much care and love:) alright judy! i love it!

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Donyale said...

Stress and Pressure Batman - they aren't finished but they are close - sort of. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home