Monday, October 24, 2005

All Pictures....

....... short on time.... heavy on pictures!

A few shots of the beginning of foliage (the little that we have) here in KS - just for Shannon who is strucken with the awful disease of being foliage'less.

Our neighborhood.





A random pic that showed up on my digital camera - not the most flattering shot of me but.... I thought the lighting was kinda funky. Please forgive the Nellie Olsen ringlets. I'm a victim of the 80's.



In knitting news - I have been in sock hell. Hell I say. The socks I am making for my SET pal are due by November 1st. Which means I would need to mail them out this week for them to be on time. Tina (bobina) there is the slightest (hugemammothgiganticenormous) chance that your socks will be late.

Here is a pic of what was going to be Tina's socks.



I know. They are kinda cute. But if you look close you will see the toe area is uh - (insert bad word here). I apparently do not understand the whole toe decrease thing. Even Doogie knew which part of these socks sucked.



See how she looks as if to say - oh no Mom, don't take a picture of this area. People will laugh at us.

She is right. Can anyone help me with toe decreases? It seems to be an issue with me numbering my needles - per the pattern. And I am not so fabulous at the kitchner stitch either.

To close - I was going thru our photo albums today. Actually looking for wonderful pictures I took a few years ago in New Hampshire of the fall season with foliage at full peak. Instead I stumbled upon this photo of me and my guy.



Smooching. Our wedding smooch. This would be my favorite photo from our wedding. Wanted to dare (doubledogdare) you to post the same. If you are a single gal or guy - how about a post of your fave photo? In fact, do you remember - the Wool of the Woods yarn (wool and 200 yds) I had that I was going to make a scarf with (for my Scarf Me pal)? I ended up going with something else - if you post a pic on your blog (must be wedding or your fave pic) and lemme know about it - I will pick one person to get that skein of yarn.

Go on.... I dare you.

12 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Christine said...

okay so here's what I think...you could take the pressure off of all of us, and extend the deadline for SET, what do you think????? Please, please, please. Knitting has been non existent in my house of late and I could probably finish the damn socks, but with lots of stress and yelling in my house :) I hope you don't still think I am mad at you, because I am not! Just super dee duperly busy.

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Colleen said...

I can help you with the toe decreases. Are you using dpns? Normally on most sock patterns, at the toe all of the instep stitches (the top half of the foot) are on one needle and the bottom stitches are divided on two needles. Where those two needles meet is normally the center of the bottom of the foot. Holding the needles so you're looking at the bottom of the foot, the needle on the left is needle 1, the needle with all the instep stitches on it is needle 2, and the needle on the right is needle 3.

Normally you start knitting the round at the center of the bottom foot, knit to within 3 or 4 stitches of the end of needle one, do a SSK (or k1, sl1, psso) decrease and then knit the one or two stitches left on the needle. Then, at the beginning of needle 2 (all the instep stitches) knit 2, K2tog, knit across to 4 stitches before the end of needle 2, and do your SSK decrease, knit two. Then start on needle 3, knit two, K2tog, knit to the end of the round.

Then, you knit the next round plain (unless you want to REALLY decrease the toe sharply). You alternate the decrease and knit plain rounds until you have a total of about 16 stitches left on the three needles and you then knit the stitches off needle 1 onto the end of needle three and graft the two together.

Voila!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Awe, thanks for the folage! It is beautiful. We've got lots (most of it on the ground -heh) here, just not in fall colors - lol.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger knit_tgz said...

Hi. About the favourite photo contest, what is the deadline to post it in my blog? I ask this because my favourite photo is not digital, so I still need to find a scanner and digitalize it.

(I still have to find the guts to post a photo of myself where I am actually glowing with happiness... At that day 2 friends told me that, and when I saw the photo I agreed. And no, it was not my wedding day, as I'm still single).

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm writing a post right now that includes my favorite wedding pic we have! (it's actually a picture of a picture, but still)

Here's my toe decrease cheat. You know where you did your gusset decreases? I put a stitch marker after the first one (k2tog--your first gusset decrease in the round, k1, place marker) and leave it there, then I also place one before the ssk decrease, so it's place marker, knit one, ssk for your second gusset decrease. Does that make sense? Then leave them there until it's time to decrease for the toe, and k2tog, k1, slip marker, knit one, ssk and repeat at the second marker. That way I don't have to worry about keeping my stitches on certain needles because I have the decrease areas marked. Let me know if it doesn't make sense, and I'll take some pics to demonstrate for ya!

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Ohhh.... Colleen & Lisa... Thank YOU!! I may be emailing you....considah yourself warned!

Knit TGZ - lets say the deadline is.... two weeks? Give or take a few days. I don't do deadlines very well!! Don't forget to let me know if you do post a pic - rather... don't lemme forget! :)

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Donyale said...

Well here's a turn up for the books - I am posting my SET pals socks off today!

I was going to say, I showed you me, you show me you, but you did, sort of (NOT REALLY)....but I am adding a photo tonight that will show you me and Stevie....

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Maryellen said...

I accepted your dare. Visit me at http://garrisonsgarret.blogspot.com As for the toe decreases Cat Brodi describes it better then i ever could in her Socks Soar on circular needles. Love the tress.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

I have accepted your dare as well. Check out my blog in a wee while and it will be there!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger LB said...

OK, I'm not married, but I do have a fav pic of my guy and I that I'm posting today to meet your challenge. It's funny, it's fishy, and silly, which I'm sure is how our actualy (future) wedding will be too! Cool challenge! Thanks!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger knit_tgz said...

Hi. So, I've tried to use my department scanner at the University, but it's not working. In a last try, I photographed my (non-digital) photo with my digital camera (a free digital camera I received in a promotion). The result is so blurred! :(
So, I don't think I'll post today. When I do post, is it better that I contact you via blog comments or via email?

Thanks!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Saff said...

My fav pic is up at my blog Odds and Sods found here: http://saffity.blogdrive.com this is a great idea! I need to post more pics for fun!

-saff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home