Thursday, October 13, 2005

Felting and Your Opinions... and stuff

Ohhh... ahhhh.

Pictures.

Ok. First - felting news. I'm back on the felting bandwagon. I decided to try and make a couple purses with the yarn that I dyed months ago.

This one - the pattern just worked out to be a diamond.



Cool pattern design, ugly ass bag felted. No pics as the pics I took were out of focus. This is a good thing.

Next bag.

Gawd, man. I love this bag. Before felting - a bad on-top-of-the-washing-machine picture:



And... after being felted.



Killer gorgeous. This is going to be a gift for Shannon. She is making me a bag (for my FIL at that!) and I thought it would be a good trade - since she avoids all talk of payment. Hmpphh! What do you think Shannon - do you want the flower or not? I can't decide. Hope you like this..... :o)

Now - I need your help. You have heard me panicking (should that 'k' be there?) lately over making a scarf for my Scarf Me pal. I decided after much casting on, gauge checks, and trial and error to go with Wavy from Knitty.

But - I'm stuck on two different yarns. One is Cascade and the other is the Wool in the Woods stuff I bought last weekend. Help!



Cascade on the left, WOTW on the right. Opinions? Lemme just say that she used the word "bohemian" in her description of scarves she'd like to have. Which neither of these are - but as close to her other likes/dislikes as I could get.

Whatcha think??

12 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

That bag with the flower is absolutely gorgeous! Great job.

Wool of the Woods, Wool of the Woods!!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Beck said...

I would go for the Wool of the Woods. The felted bag is also VERY pretty!

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Christine said...

I agree, I love the flower and Wool in the woods would be my choice! Hope all is well~

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger KSD said...

Definitely WOTW. Definitely. And I hoist a DP in your honor for the felting. . .

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I agree-- WOTW. It's gorgeous!

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous wendy g said...

The felted bag is beautiful and I agree WOTW. Have a great weekend.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Jade said...

I was scared to follow the "Shannon" link, I was so afeared that you didnt mean me - the bag is darling, flower and all!!! Payment schmament - this is much more fun, don't you think? Also, Im with everyone else, Wool of the Woods ;-)

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

I'm going to cast a vote for the WOTW yarn.

The small bag doesn't look SO ass-ugly. Does it have a zipper?

And the bag with the flower - so cute!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Busy knitter!

I love the diamonds I am sorry it didn't felt well.

But the scarves and bag are yummy to.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love the wool of the woods, the colors are awesome!
shannon will love that bag! she offered to sew me a kntty bag too so i am going to knit her a liitle something in return... isn't she the sweetest!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Wool in the Woods! If I were bohemian, that's what I'd wear.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Peacock said...

to continue the unanimosty:
Wool of the Woods!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home