Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Stuff

Ok. So. I maybe, possibly might have found the pattern I am going to use for my Scarf Me pal.

I hope that once I finish my SET socks and this Scarf Me scarf - my blood pressure will return to normal levels.

Who knew I sucked so much doing KAL's?

Actually, KAL's don't bother me. I enjoy seeing others progress on something I am also knitting. Its the making something for someone else part... that I don't do so well with.

What if they don't like it? What if it doesnt fit? What if my talents are not up to snuff? What if....

I know. Shut up already.

Insecurity. Something that came with age for me. Still working out the kinks. ;)

Onto more interesting stuff.

Did I show you this pic already?



This is a FO that I finally finished late last week. Its going to be a Christmas gift for my SIL who LOVES the color orange. I am going to use the extra lace I have left over to somehow work it into some mittens. Its my trusty crochet pattern that I've made a dozen scarves with. Easy to remember and great for working on while I am waiting around in the doctors office or yada yada.

I also finished one sock for Tina. Just one. And... I may frog it but.... its not going to be a stressful frog for me. I cheated on the cuff ribbing, just did the top for a inch and then kitr. It looks kind of unshaped and icky so.... I may rip and work a k2p2 for the cuff. The yarn is yummy. I went with a different yarn than I showed here recently and it seems to be working really well for me.

Hooyah!

What else do I have.

Well, Shannon is in my area this week. Visiting family in Missouri. We had talked about maybe trying to meet up somewhere but I got an email from her saying that her family might not be thrilled with the idea of her leaving them on her visit.

Sooo... she was spared.... this time.

An update on our Survivor contest. Well, I am most likely out this week. But.... sooo far.... we are all safe. None of our picks have been voted out. For those of you in the contest (all 14,000 of you) I put our picks on my sidebar - just for easier access. I hate having to go back thru my posts to find stuff.

Those of you not in the contest, you know, like, if you wanted to just you know, say a little prayer for Amy and her sprained ankle this week, well I'd be grateful. hehe

Man, I know that last sentence gave Susie and her grammar police self a heart attack. You ok Snooze?

Ok - I'm off to check in on all of you.

3 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

I'll definately root on Amy for ya, she made me crack up so much last week.

Scarf is lookin' good. Did you determine what project to make to get you out of the knitting rut?

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Hey Lisa - have yet to figure out what I can make to bring me out of the rut. Decided to just try and finish some stuff I had started... and see where it takes me. :)

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Jade said...

With truly great constraint, I held my tongue when my mom asked 'what I'd rather do' - heh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home