Thursday, October 06, 2005

A Whole Lotta....

.... nothing.

Ok. So. I see your comments. I hear your whispers behind my back. I know you are talking about me.

Sigh.

But I just have nothing to blog about. Especially in the knitting area. Right now I am crocheting a motif type scarf for my Scarf Me pal. Its gonna kick ass. Maybe.

Thats it.

Everything else is uninspiring to me.

Not that I don't have a million WIP's, cuz... gawd knows... I do. I'm really just in the mood to start something new.

Something different. Special.

And stuff.

Ideas?

And - don't say socks. I have determined that I am going to come up with something new for Tina's socks. I am going to just give in and buy the two pairs of circs in the super small size and try socks on those - cuz I am not doing so well with the sticks. There is also this technique using one long circular. Who knew? I may even see what I can find for patterns in something more of a worsted weight. This weekend - I visit my LYS and beg for help.

Things that may or may not inspire me:

Hot Lava Cardigan

Shrug

Something like this only with a big shawl collar

A cute caterpillar

Ella from Knitty. Which is wonderful as I am on a shawl kick lately. What does "tbl" in that pattern mean?

Scarf

Ok. See. This is why its been quiet here lately? :)

7 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Donyale said...

Hey Chickie - what size do you need and length - may have some Crystal Palace Bamboo circs that might do the trick.....can post post haste.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Peacock said...

"tbl" usually means "through back loop" .. which usually results in a (intentionally) twisted stitch. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the postcard!! Brightened my whole day!!! (Not a miserable day, either. A pretty decent day to begin with, but then your postcard arrives, and WHOOMPF! It's a Fabulous day!)

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger laurie said...

just peeked at the pattern and it calls for 'k2tog tbl'=knitting 2 together thru back loop as the lady ;o) said above...the decrease is identical (as far as i can tell) to a ssk, and for me at least is a bit faster. i hadn't used this decrease until just recently in the shetland lace workshop...and i like it :o)

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger LisaB said...

You need to make something luscious and spoil yourself. the Hot Lava or that beautiful shrug are great for this!

What up with survivor!? That ex-football player is going to get himself into trouble!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Any update on our little Survivor game? My man Judd is still in it. Too bad I picked him, because I really don't like him. :)

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

Now what would Larry J. say???

Jerry Lee would say "Come on over baby, whole lotta nothin' going on!"

I'm in a freakin' funk, too. Botched up my sweater. HATE IT.

A beautiful scarf? That might be great! Give it a shot.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Christine said...

He he, so you did read my comments!!! lol don't worry, be happy man. No one is talking bout you...just to you!

Hey Susie and I are cooking plans for you, don'tcha know!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home