Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I Blog therefor.....

...I have free time.

How have you been? Eh?

There has been knitting and a even a little crochet. Here is the handbag I just finished.



Made with Knitpicks Wool of the Andes. Quite possibly one of my favorite yarns. And - this might be the best bag I've made to date. Its just like the pink/green I made a few months ago only a little bigger and I've kind of figured out the whole felting process. Kind of.

I do dig this bag though!

And here is a scarf I finished in a few short hours this afternoon.



Crocheted with Patons Divine (love love love) with a crochet flower attached to each end. Its soft, pretty and foo foo. A little too girly girl for me but its a gift for my Mother and I think she will like it.

I also finished my SET socks. Tina (bobina) should of received them already so I will post the pic. Tina - if you havent gotten them yet.... look away!



Are they beautishus? Nah. But they were made with love. And cursing. But moreso on the love thing. These were made with yarn I bought off eBay (lidika) and I used a pattern from the winter issue of FCEK. I'm hoping she likes em' - just happy that my first socks have a home. :)

Many Thanks to all of you who offered up help on these. Especially to Susie who phoned to walk me thru the toe decrease and the deadly kitchner stitch. :)

Now to close - I randomly picked a winner for the 'favorite photo contest' I had a few weeks ago. I had said I was going to pick my favorite but there was no way I could just choose one so.... my hubby picked a name for me. The winner is Lisa at Oliphaunt Knits! Check out her pics of the boys in kilts.

There were some great pictures up in the contest - Thanks so much ladies for sharing. I LOVED them all!

Oh - and a shout out to Ailsa, Shannon & Kaela who had birthdays.... and I lamely missed. Happy Birthday Chickies! I'm still older than all of you. Does that help? hehe

13 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger dan said...

Wow.
Lovin those crazy beautiful socks.
Such lovelicious colors and those footies. Yum yum! Lucky Tina.

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Donyale said...

SEXY Socks, Rox! Good job.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Noeysmommy said...

Love the bag, love the scarf, love the socks!! The bag is so cute! What pattern did you use? and the socks.....I love the colors! Great job! I was going to try that pattern from FCEK....in my spare time!

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

Your bag is so great...i just recently discovery wool of the andes and it is one of my favs now as well!

Oh my goodness, I am a winner?! Wowsers. I just ran out to my husband to tell him I was a winner (with my best arms in the air victory stance). He just looked at me like I was crazy. Heehee =) I was glad to share the pic that gives me continual laughs!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger G Sharona said...

What cutsie footsies..Ab Fav..I have a pair bought from Wallie World(ugly grey) and love em...too cute Rox.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Thanks, Rox for the 'happy b'day' , but I'm still not sure being three months older counts for much - har!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger knit_tgz said...

Hi. I'm also knitting my first socks now. And your sockettes look great! (I love pink and green)

TGZ

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Tina said...

I JUST got them in the mail today (mail is slow because it has to filter through all the school stuff), and I LOVE them! I'll blog about them later, with pictures, but I'm all wiped out today, and the batteries for my camera are recharging.

<3
Tina

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Annie said...

That is a great bag, I need to make myself one like that, my back pack is falling apart and I can't find a bag in a shop that I would like to have, so I think I will knit something, well after Christmas.

The socks are great too.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Love the bag, Love the scarf, Love the socks!!

Hope you had a good turkey day!

PS - If i don't get my cable soon I will have to go postal...keep tabs on Gray's Anatomy and Nip/Tuck for me will ya Rox?
I'm beggin' :)

 
At 1:44 AM, Anonymous Donna said...

Love the colours in those socks!!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, I love the Divine, too. It's addictive.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

you made cute socks with pom poms....devine!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home