Wednesday, November 30, 2005

That Girl in Florida.....

I asked Shannon to make a special present for my FIL. He recently had his left leg amputated and has been using a walker to get around. I asked her if she might be able to make him a bag for the walker.

Shannon sews. Quite well in fact. To the point where I am thinking about dragging the dusty sewing machine out of storage. She ended up making this spectacular bag. I mean - it is amazing. Pockets, straps, photo holders, a key ring and more.



I'm half tempted to just keep the bag for myself and whats surely to be my future.

She also sent me a kicky denim bag that I all but shamelessly begged for. Its cute but did not want to photograph in all its cuteness glory. So - I will post a photo of it a little later.

Looking into the box, expecting to see the bottom - what... uh... whats that?

No way.

The non-knitter chick actually sent me yarn. She. Sent. Yarn.



Oh god. Theres more. More. Yarn.



Can you believe it? I was shocked. And its wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. The first is Knitpicks Gossamer in Autumn. Stuff I've never worked with before.... but always wanted to. The bottom pic is Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud Lace in a dark rich rust color. Which is actually one of my favorite lace yarns.

She also sent candles (yum), a toy for Doogie and toys for Sable. The toys have been well abused in the past few days and the candles are perfect as I love a wonderful scented candle!





Shannon - dearie. With all you have been going thru in the past few weeks - I am just beyond words. Thank you so much for all of this. I was soooo very surprised and even without wonderful giftis - I'm really such a lucky girl that you came into my life.

4 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Ok, Rox is being way, way too kind. She fails to mention that she made me three knit hats to give to someone as a gift, or that I promised the walker bag like, a year ago, or that for any and every knitting term I've come across she's had to supply the definition - oh and the bag she begged for - I had to beg her to take it (I've got the 'comments' to prove it). I know exactly who the lucky one here is...ME!

 
At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Donyale said...

methinks this is a lovely two way street you two are travelling on....

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

that is too sweet!!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Cece said...

Wow! That bag is awesome! Can't wait to see the other one.

Shannon's got 'skills'!

: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home