Thursday, December 29, 2005

2005 Top Ten

A meme I just started. Consider yaself tagged baby!

Top Ten for 2005

The Best Things about 2005

1o.) Pot roast soaked carrots. (who knew?)
9.) My kicky new Skechers.
8.) My kicky new warm socks from the Donnster.
7.) The Tribe.
6.) I finished an actual pair of socks. Following thru on my New Years goal to be a sock knitter by years end. Even if its only one pair of socks.... still makes me a sock knitter. Dammit.
5.) Trading in the Kia for my bad ass Explorer.
4.) Fried okra.
3.) Friends new and old.
2.) I managed to make it to the one year mark with my blogging commitment. Shocking eh?
1.) My wonderful hubby put up with me - yet another year. Took me 30 years to find him - so very worth the wait.


The Worst Things about 2005

10.) The Amazing Race - one of my favorite tv shows - sucked.
9.) Bush was not impeached.
8.) The brown bugs that attacked my foo foo pink mohair yarn in the laundry room.
7.) Diabetes.
6.) My ever expanding ass.
5.) Brad and Jen's breakup.
5.) I'm kidding! As if I care. But it does remind me of my real celebrity peeve in 2005.
5.) Tom Cruise. Gawd, man. Who taught him to speak? He was doing just fine with that sparkly smile, the 8 word vocabulary and the chiseled bod. Then someone went... and taught him a few words.... why?
4.) Poor health standards at hospitals, restaurants and yada yada. Don't ask. Its really one of those things that you don't want to know.
3.) The fact that moving into a new tax bracket just really means that you might be making more money this year - but the goverment is going to take away all the extra via a tax hike.
2.) Arthritis. (gawd I'm getting old)
1.) The countless that were lost in the awful storms, a war we can't win and senseless violence.

Your turn!

6 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

your worst list cracked me up!!!!!! i loved the trash talk on pretty boy tom ;)

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous the donnster said...

Ok, a few things. I am TOUCHED that my paltry sock offering made it...I am worried that they rank third (why not first - ha ha) after something I am not sure of....give the recipe for No 1! Please....oh - and while you are at it better let me know about the Okra thing too....

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Ok. Donnster. Pot roast soaked carrots. You know, you make a pot roast on the stovetop and then you add the veggies to simmer in the juice. Well, baby carrots that have simmered in that are TO DIE FOR. To die for I say. My MIL taught me this - and I'm running with it, man.

And the okra - uh... well... its dipped in batter, fried.... and then lightly salted. Wella - an instant 2 lbs directly to my thighs.

But worth it.

Kind of.

;)

Catherine - yeah... Tom... not my guy anymore. I've moved on to younger, saner hunka hunka's. Goodbye Tom & Brad. Helllllo Josh.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Rox-
Our Bests and Worsts are so similar, you sure we weren't seperated at birth? :)

Happy Healthy New Year to you and yours Hunny!!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger G Sharona said...

Wow, another Chick that loves Southern cooking..and now you know why are thighs are so thick...lol.It's been great getting to know you all and your blogs thru Shannon..I need to join up and start sewing again...always a new year to begin:) Happy New Year Rox.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger knitabulous said...

Yep, that Cruise boy really lost it when he left his ice queen control freak media savvy Nicole. I think he's just tipped over into the Jacko syndrome - so mega famous that it sends them off the edge and no-one can tell them to come back. That poor little baby-girlfriend of his.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home