Friday, December 16, 2005

Easily Distracted

Got the Dixie Chicks song "Cowboy take me away" on my mind.

"I want to walk and not run
I want to skip and not fall
I want to look at the horizon
and not see a building standing tall.
I want to be the only one
For miles and miles...."

Tonight I was sitting in the waiting room at the hospital. All alone, deep in thought and happily knitting along on a mitten. This gal walks by, stops and says "make sure you look at the moon tonight" - and walks right on.

Ohhhhkay.

Strange, but this has been the week of people saying strange things to me (more on that later) so I just figure that later.... I will take a look at the moon.

Driving home I had forgotten about the woman. Besides, living in this giganto city - there is little opportunity to even see the sky. I miss living in more rural areas. I remember starry nights or nights with light cloud cover and seeing the stars peeking thru. I remember sunsets & watching a storm roll in.I miss it and wish I had appreciated it more when I had the opportunity.

I get a glimpse of the moon over the trees. Just a peek here and there and all of a sudden I luck out at a stop sign and the view is clear. A beautiful sight. I take it in and step into the 'way back' machine remembering back when I could see this view everyday.

Then the guy behind me jams on the horn. But... for one moment.... a spectacular view.

Now your turn. Go on. Step outside... look up... and breathe.

3 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

As soon as I step out side...its amazing to think we are all looking at the same moon.

D

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Hey great post Rox! It's the same moon but it does look different down under. The man in the moon for example - Well he's not really there for us- he's upside down and in different spot. It's still breathtaking when you get a good long quiet look. :-)

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger G Sharona said...

I love the Moon..it moves me beyond the horizon.I have an awesome view of sunsets and the moon.It's so dark out here in the country and when the moon is full it is lit up like a million candles aglow.The coyotes play there toon and Oh my it's just awesome.Great post Rox..Merry Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home