Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Elllllla

Ok. So. Do you think I could make Ella using larger needles and ..... Noro Kureyon?

Already kind of started it.

And I'm on the fence about whether it will work. I know it will be a larger finished item and thats ok, but worried about how this yarn will block. The pattern (deceptively easy peasy for the first 25 rows!!) looks complicated and I'd hate to have to frog.

What do you think??

And to those who asked.... here is the link to what I've started with the eBay sales. Posting more stuff each day as 'Operation Stash Reduction' has begun!

Weather is crap here today. Snow, rain, slush, sleet and muck. Tomorrow its supposed to be in the 50's. Pick a season.... and go with it already.

:)

4 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Best of luck with your auctions!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

I think that Noro is 100% wool...will block beautifully. I made a wrap out of Manos (similar to the Noro) and everything stayed in place. Wet block it. Wool is great like that, takes the shape you want.

It's a beautiful shawl..

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Donni said...

OK! OK already! So where's the bloody button so we can start this Ellalong....:)

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Colleen said...

There is an Ella Knit Along at Yahoo! Groups if you want to check it out. The pattern designer Wendy sometimes posts there (or used to when I joined early on and knitted my Ella).

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EllaKAL/

Rox - I think Ella would look great out of Kureyon - post a picture and let's have a looksee! Thanks for your suggestion on the multidirectional scarf for the 3 skeins of misbought Silk Garden - I think you're spot on. Sorry I missed you at the Yarn Shop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home