Friday, January 13, 2006

Happy Friday the 13th

hehe - the post yesterday with the er, interesting outfit is actually from here. Defined as "wearable art". Which I guess is kind of true. Art should capture your attention, be unique and make you wonder what the artist was thinking at the time the piece was made. Definitely did all of this for me.

And then some.



Yesterday I bought a couple of these,



and a little of this.



Malabrigo Yarns. Have you heard of this stuff? Wonderful soft, handpainted merino. All of these will be winging their way off to new homes this weekend. Along with a contest win giftie to the ever so patient LisaB (sorrrrry!).

Also Shannon - look! Do I have the exact yarn for this or what??? Eh??? A gorgeous shawl pattern that looks within my limited range of knitting skills. Hooyah!

And finally - reality tv news. What are they doing to my man on Lost? Cuz it seems to me like they are trying to make him all cuddly and stuff now. Blech. He is not cuddly. He's a bad ass with a soft side for chunky blondes from KS. Yeah. Thats how you guys see him too.... right?

;)

6 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Our Hero said...

I really like the colors in the second photo.

As far as Lost goes, we don't get to watch this season until next season. I missed a lot of it this summer, too.
I don't know about your favorite character's preference in women, but the way I look at it, "the meat is for the man, the bones are for the dog." I can do without toothpicky girls.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Oh, me too, just love the second colorway! And the shawl is really pretty but a: did I send you enough yarn for that, and b: did I send you nice enough yarn for that?

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Shannon - hehe - you gave me enough yarn that I could probably make four of those shawls!

And Eric.... you made my day!

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Donni said...

Say it isn't so! I want my Sawyer mean and nasty (with that little hint of niceness now and then).

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Love your new yarn Rox! Can't wait to see what you make with it!

Have a great weekend!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Oooo Malabrigo! I just made a hat and little scarf out of a skein. I loved it. Too bad I really dislike the shop I got it from! btw, 5 inches into 1st sock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home