Monday, January 16, 2006

The Pet KAL Thingy

Been thinking about a KAL that is just for making something for our pets. You know, a dog sweater or cat toy... yada yada.

Then I thought - what about a KAL that is not only for our kids with tails but also includes those pets less fortunate.

Have you ever been to a homeless animal shelter? If so - then you know the gut wrenching feeling you have when you leave. And all the eyes in all the little cages follow you. Then you go home and your thoughts are plagued with the little pup or kitten that caught your heart that day. You can't help them all (although you want to) but maybe if you could do just a little something for one or two of them......

Here is the plan Stan.

I am starting a KAL named "Kids with Tails". The plan is to not only make something for your little bundle of fur - but for one currently in a shelter. You can either see to it yourself that your giftie for the homeless animal goes to one of your local shelters or you can send it to me and I will donate it (in your name of course!) to a shelter in my area.

Think of how much your pet will love a new special gift just for them? Then imagine how much a animal in need would so welcome something made with love.

Just starting on making the blog purty but I will be adding free pattern links to the sidebar here in the next day or so. I'll even make a kicky button. Cuz you are worth it, man.

This is KAL is for all crafters. Knit, Sew, Crochet or whatever your talent. And you don't even have to have a pet to participate.

So.... you wanna play? Email me or leave a comment!

5 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Paula said...

Awesome Idea! Count me in!
I especially love the "open to all crafter's" and "Making for the shelter fur kids" is such a great plan. Those places really break my heart.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

i'm in baby!!!

Mitzi gives this two paws up.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

i'm in baby!!!

Mitzi gives this two paws up.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger KSD said...

I'm late in responding because I've been trying to come up with a Paul Simon rhyme, too. . .

I'm there,

Cher?

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Melissa said...

wow... such a great idea! I used to work in an animal shelter... it was such a hard job! One thing anyone can donate is old towels, blankets, pillows etc that they no longer use. The animals love that in thier little cages!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home