Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Last Four Days.......

Look - proof that I have been knitting. Here is a pic of the kicky little dog sweater I started for the FurKids kal.


(I know that pic had to be HUGE for those of you reading via Bloglines - sorry....how to fix?)

This is the yarn I was using for Knitty's Ella. Which was a huge disaster with the Kuryeon. More on that another day. Hmph. Anyhoo, this is a pattern from Jil Eaton's Puppy Knits. And while I still need to finish the leg part of the sweater - its really quite cute. Too small for my pup but I'm sure I'll find a good home for it.

Here is the reason (or at least one of em') I've not been knitting lately. Rug obsession.





The first one is a little too latch hook'y to me. Kinda lame. The second one.... I may be digging. Very kicky, funky and cool. We'll see. The owners of the house we are trying to buy had this kick ass rug in front of their kitchen sink. I've been obsessed with making something similar. Obsessed I say. Have you ever had that happen? Where it just takes over your brain?

I've also been long overdue in thanking a couple of people for some wonderful gifties sent my way. First, there is the package from the Donnster and Sharon.





Sent to me via San Francisco from Australia! Sharon made that bag. Cute eh? I love em it!~ Has a litttle handle on it and a toggle button to gather for closure on the top. Just perfect design.

Donni sent me the notebook (for my knitting adventures), candy that has long since vanished (yum) and strangely enough - she sent me a tube (is that what I'd call it?) of Vegemite.

For all of you outside of Australia - if you are like me and curious about the stuff - a few words on Vegemite.

Its scary. I mean, scary. Its a dark brown oil resembling substance which completely caught me off guard. I had imagined a mayo type of spread. The taste is kind of bitter, very salty and it lingers. I can't imagine you would use much on whatever it is you use this stuff with! Then there is the smell. Its like bread dough that has soaked in soy sauce. Just bizarre. Yet, so interesting. Completely forgeign to this country yet - made by Kraft Foods.

Now, I'm hoping that my Australian buds know that I love you even if you eat Vegemite. And you feel the same about me too. Right?

Thanks Sharon & Donni - soooo much fun in that package!

Next in the giftie parade.

Shannon, also a fabulous bag maker, sent me a wonderful HAND WRITTEN pattern for my first sewn bag. As in she wrote it all out, dimensions and all and gave it to me. Killer thoughtful. Now to get my ass in gear..... and start!



I've received some other surprises in the mail that I'll share with you tomorrow. My post from yesterday vanished - and I fear it was because of too many pictures. So - I'll not poke the bear today.

Did you know that today is Kim's birthday? Stop by.... wish her a happy 31st!

(hehe - she will sooo love me for that)

Off to see what you've been up to lately!!

8 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Who knew all that about vegemite...I to thought it was like a ranch dip thing. HMM.

The rug looks great. I know what you mean when you can't get something out of your head. You just got to try and go for it.

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Donni said...

Brown oil thing! Our Kids cut their teeth on that stuff - fantastic on nice hot buttered toast! Really!

Try it - you know you want to - it's a by-product of beer so it can't be that bad...;)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger KSD said...

31?! You just keep telling yourself that, Rox; maybe it'll come true for both of us!

I've never had Vegemite, but have had Marmite (from the UK.) Not very easy on the palate, though lots of people swear by the stuff. . .

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger the stripey tiger said...

I thought you would find Vegemite an adventure! Its the best on hot buttered toast or fresh white bread sandwiches with lots of butter. Thinly spread! My kids eat it every day. I eat it often too. Vege toast was the first thing I ate when I got back from San Fran! Glad you liked the bag. :-) Stripey

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger emy said...

Latch hooking is a fun activity when I was young. But knitting and crochet is definitely more for me now :)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

I love the yarn on that dog sweater. It looks great!

Yes I have been obsessed like that before. But usually I'm trying to search and BUY something similar. And it gets so bad, I start dreaming about it. Maybe I should learn to try and make things...!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

My gosh! Christmas in February!!!

What a lucky doggie, getting a Kureyon sweater. Can you call it a sweater? Sure, why not!

Did you get the house? Huh? Didja?

Fingers and toes crossed.

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous danvera said...

Wow.
That first dog sweater segment is just BEAUTIFUL!! I love those colors. Just gorgeous. You'll have to post a picture of it on the pooch.
-Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home