Monday, February 06, 2006

The Olathe Hillbillies

Despite the crossing of fingers/toes worldwide - we didnt get the lovely house we placed a bid on. But not to fret or check your toes for signs of weakness..... we did find another house that we also love. And its cheaper. And they accepted our offer. And....

**pause..... building anticipation.......pause**

...... it has a pool. Which - if you know me or have stopped by here on a day when I was bitching about KS being landlocked and me be being a fish out of water - a pool is my dream.

A little peek at the new house.

And then.... I will shut up about the house. Maybe.



Screened in room out back :




My hubby and I thank you all for all your warm thoughts, well wishes and toe crossing. I owe you one. And.... you know.... its a given.... if you ever are in the area - dinner at our house!

Tomorrow - real live knitting content. And also tomorrow - proper Thanks to Sharon, Donni, Shannon, Kim & Adele for special stuff I've been slack ass on telling you about!

Thanks guys..... all of you.

See ya tomorrow!

14 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Susie said...

A pool in the back, a great lawn, a screen room...dayum, girl! What more couldja ask for? Congratulations on the new house.

Btw, ignoring my emails will not make me quit bugging you...

Hugs,
Susie

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

A pool is my dream, too. Will you adopt me? :)

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Wow! Much nicer deal! I can actually see you sitting on your screened porch knitting on a warm spring day with an iced
Dr. Pepper next to you.
I am so happy for you. :)

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Noeysmommy said...

I like this house better. It's much cuter....more personality! The screen porch and the pool....I'm jealous!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger G Sharona said...

SWEET!!!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Jade said...

I'll bring the whine...err wine!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

OMG Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Fabtastic excellent!! and woah!! What fast decision makers you guys must be! You will have to return my toe crossing in about five months when we do teh same thing... :-) Wish wish wish I could drop round and visit with housewarming scones. :-) Stripey

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Congrats Rox!! Your new home is lovely and your back yard is perfection!!

Best wishes for your new beginning!!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Tami said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Tami said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that porch! What a perfect knitting spot. Congrats!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Nice place, I bet you are both so excited. When is the big move??

The screened in room looks great, a great place to knit.

We should have a virtual knit in with all our tribe, finding a compatible time when we would be all awake might be a bit hard though.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger LisaB said...

I am so out of touch with my blogging, fogive me!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The house looks great! My hubby and I will be going down that road this summer. And I'm scared! I'm so happy for you..and a pool!!

When do you move?

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger knitabulous said...

Good house, unbelievably quick decision - took me a hundred viewings and about four months to buy this house, I'm impressed.
Why don't you ask them to leave the kitchen rug behind?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home