Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday Stuff

Look at what the wonderful Kim sent me!



Its the mutha of all Dr Pepper cans. And.... a cute pillow to boot. Is it not the cutest thing you've ever seen? Maybe 18 inches tall and filled with stuffing - never seen anything like it before. Our very first house warming gift that will grace my craft room forever!

Kim - thank you so much!

Knitting stuff.

One pair of socks I am working on right now. Well, rather one half of the pair of socks I'm working on. Can you guess the yarn brand?



Ok. That wasnt fair. But fun. Its actually yarn I dyed last week. I was going for bold blue and brown. As with all my yarn coloring adventures - it didnt turn out even remotely how I intended. I love it though - the striping is completely random and the colors don't pool. All good.

I have some other yarns that I dyed using an egg coloring kit I found at Walmart for all of 67 cents. Colors were pastel in the end result but I bet if I had used vinegar - it would of kicked it up a bit. Next time.... maybe.

Gossip

Did you see that Ms Purl has a Etsy store now?

The new Amazing Race starts tomorrow - no sugar coated families this time.

Did anyone catch Lost last week? I missed the episode - waaaa.

Susie is now selling her handspun on KnitPixie now!

4 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

Looks fab! Someday I'd like to try to dye some yarn!

Love the huuuuge can!

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Christine said...

The sock looks great! See you are getting better!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger G Sharona said...

The can is so way cool..do thay make it in Diet 7up? Hang Ten Chick..you know I'd be there to help if I could..

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Love the DR Pepper can.

I like the colors. Mine rarly come out the way i intend...But its nice to see how they get and what cool things they make.

The puppy below looks cute.

D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home