Thursday, March 16, 2006

Yeah Toast!!

Tried my hand at making french toast this morning..... warning.... graphic pics to follow.





Only one piece turned out reasonably edible.

Kind of.

The french toast adventure reminded me of Heywood Banks - who absolutely cracks me up.


Yeah Toast by Heywood Banks


All around the country and coast to coast
People always say what do you like most? I
don't wanna brag i don't wanna boast
so i just tell em i like toast

[Chorus] YEAH TOAST!! YEAH TOAST!!

I get up in the morning about 6 AM
had a little jelly had a little jam
take a piece of bread put it in the slot
push down the lever and the wires get hot
i get toast

[Chorus] YEAH TOAST!! YEAH TOAST!!

Now there's no secret to toasting perfection
there's a dial on the side and you make your selection
push to the dark or the light
and then if it pops too soon
press down again make toast

[Chorus] YEAH TOAST!! UH TOAST!!

When the first caveman drove in from the drags
didn't know what would go with the bacon and the eggs
musta bin a genius got it in his head
plug the toaster in the wall buy a bag of bread
make toast

[Chorus] YEAH TOAST!! UH OHH!

Oui monsuier bonjour coquette on hon croisoiant
on vous a vere morishe vour Eifel Towere
oui marie baguette bon soir

[Chorus] FRENCH TOAST!! FRENCH TOAST!!

In Chicago we're on the Bob and Tom show YEAH TOAST!! eh uh uh toast


I am sooo twelve years old.

5 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jade said...

I love the Toast song! It's just such a shame your readers can't hear Heywood screaming TOAST! LOL. As for your French Toast, I would consider myself an adequate cook ... but I never have mastered French Toast.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

I LOVE french toast! It's one of the few things I can cook and have it turn out reasonably tasty.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger G Sharona said...

UMMMM..French Toast..yummy yummy for the tummy.And the stove is so pretty and white :)

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger KSD said...

Why IS French Toast so hard to make? My mother can make it to perfection --- what am I doing wrong?

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Colleen said...

Two comments:

The ONLY way to make French Toast is with the Hawaiian Bread you can find at Hy-Vee. Get the stuff in the round loaf and use the instructions on the package. Yummy.

Rox - thank you for putting a smile on my face. I LOVE (with a capital L, O, V, E) Heywood Banks.

I can't decide whether Toast is my favorite song - or Fly's Eyes:

I'm lookin' at the world through fly's eyes
And you can just buzz off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home