Thursday, April 13, 2006

Adventures in Wool Dyeing.....

Koolaid.... not so impressive



Cheap color stuff I bought at Walmart


(yes I do know thats not the correct way to use dye's.... just experimenting!)



I also have some orange/blue hanging out to dry right now.

All in all.... nothing spectacular on colors but it was a lot of fun.

Also bought the new IK Crochet. You want? First comment who asks about it can have it!



ps... the magazine won't be mailed out til Monday as I'd rather not have to go near the Post Office anytime before April 15th. Which.... have you mailed your taxes in yet? Eh?!

8 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Me, I would love that IK crochet! I'm not big to crochet but I love going through this magazines and every now and then there is something I like!

Oh, and are those socks mentionned in the previous post for me? Don't worry about them, ok?

Love!

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Colleen said...

You might wanna stay away on Monday, too. Since the 15th falls on a Saturday, taxes aren't due until the 17th.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger --Deb said...

Grinning . . . the issue is that good, huh?

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Emily... its yours! Not mailing it out til Tuesday (thanks Colleen!) though. I think I have your addy... but email me just to make sure!

Yeah Deb.... its uhm, good. ;)

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Annie said...

Rox those colours look pretty nice, and as you said it was fun, and that is an important part.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger LisaB said...

The second foray of color looks like green cabbage and purple cabbage! Yum!

Heehee, sounds like the crochet mag is super good this month! :)

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Laurie (Moo!) said...

So asking what you thought of the magazine is not necessary, I guess!

Glad you had fun with the dyes. If I got started I have to buy every color...then go on-line and start shopping for better colors...then buying dye pots.

OY! Better we don't think about it.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Peacock said...

I think I really like the sky-blue/peach skein. :)

And the green-purple combo reminds me of Mardi Gras!

I'm so glad you had fun with it. :)

(Y'know... if you don't like the colors, you could send 'em to me!! ;) .. nope, not begging. Not begging ONE BIT!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home